• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Active shooter at YouTube HQ in San Bruno

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So I'm sure you have time to check up on some homeless encampment, or SJW protest parade right?

One of the lesser known facts is aside from the amount of calls we get from people wanting us to contact the homeless (when theyre disruptive in front of a business, passed out in a restsraunt bathroom, checking door handles, etc), the homeless themselves call us ALL THE TIME. Someone stole from them, theyre fighting with another transient, rape, theyre friend ODd, they want to go to the hospital, etc etc.

at least 5 times an hour we get get a homeless related call. And unless its something serious, we cant do anything. 

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I would like to know your opinion on the proposed California law about when officers can use their firearms.

Ive only heard a rough idea of it, not the finer points.

From what I know, it wont pass. Nor should it. From the sounds of it, the people proposing it want to make our use of force laws more restrictive than the general public's. That makes zero sense. The general public isnt being asked to go and intentionally confront people.

The diecussion needs to happen. And whether i like it or not, we work for the people. The voters, the elected leaders, the taxpayers. So if they say, we can kick our feet, but we do.

BUT....what im seeing here (at least from the little I read), is a group of politicians with media exposure and politics being their motive versus trying to make the world a better place.

Let me research it further and ill be able to give you a better opinion.

4 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Slacker.

Joking aside this hits on something I almost responded to FS79 with the first time around.  A large city like San Fran has roughly 28 cops for every 10,000 citizens and dedicating resources to watching someone who hasn't been violent just isn't possible.  You mentioned 5 criminal threats every shift but I can't even imagine how many calls you get where you're basically acting like a middle school homeroom teacher playing mediator between two people who likely live together, are neighbors or know each other.  If no one's turned violent or made a threat (like the shooter) obviously you can only dedicate so much time before it's on to the next call to see how serious it is. 

First, im glad you hit on the cop per citizen ratio. If thats what SF has, theyre actually doing good! Its a lot less down here....and keep in mind, that number includes the chief, the assistant chief, department commanders, etc (who are all worthless to the public). Then detectives, who arent in the field, usually in the building or in court. Last and treated like least is patrol, gangs, and those lesser people. Then divide days off, different shifts, etc, and the numbers drop to about 1 or 2 cops per 10K residents.

Thankfully, most people arent crooks, so that helps. But even good people call us or people call on them. Keep the peace calls, burglary, car accidents, then the random DV where regular joe and his wife finally hit one another.

As to your second point, ABSOLUTELY. Thats one of the biggest burnouts of the job. Split between people who just cant grow up, and outsiders who create laws or policies with no idea about the logistics. So we constantly get tied up with silly, boring calls we cant walk away from.

*usualllllly, were able to break for emergency calls. But when we get busy, its like an emergency room. Sick people waiting, wondering why its taking so long...but they arent "dying", so they have to wait for a bed to open. So for us, you might fight your neighbor, have your car stolen, have a weirdo at your business having an episode. But you also may have called after the other neighbor fight, stolen car, and weirdo calls came in. People get mad time to time and ask what took it so long. And ill let them know that while im there at their home to hear about how much of an asshole their kid, roommate or neighbor is, it turns out a lot of other people that day hate their kid, roommate and neighbor, too. And we currently have 1 cop available for 150K people, spread over 26 square miles.