• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vlad Jr

21 minutes ago, HuntingtonMike said:

I don't recall the situation when he was signed by Toronto.  Was he interested in coming to the Angels if we had the international money available?

Was just gonna ask the same question.

I dont know the background, but I am pretty suprised Moreno himself wouldnt have been involved, almost as a favor to Vlad Sr. Id imagine signing him should have been easy.

Would have been pretty amazing having Vlad jr here, not only solidifying 3B, but chasing ROY the same year dad goes to the HOF.

Its almost written like a bad movie. In addition to not signing him, we ended up with baldoquin..and no moncada.

Dipoto is dumb as shit.

5 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It is unfathomable that Dipoto found another job in the industry. Not only did he consistently make the worst moves possible didn't he quit right before the trade deadline?

If I just got up and quit my job during a critically important time I would be chased out of my industry. No way I could ever get another job, especially if I sucked at it to begin with.

No kidding.

On the one hand, who knows, maybe he interviews well. But I would think there were enough people in the industry who could have gotten the inside scoop from the angels, about how much damage he did.

Youd think the mariners coupd have looked at his moves when he was here and seen that he was an idiot.

I have a friend that works for Seattle, and he says dipoto is hated up and down the organization in terms of staff (dont know about players). Its funny because he hasnt even been there all that long.

2 minutes ago, failos said:

There are probably 5 other Vlad Jr.s for us to draft in the future.

nope. And that's the problem.  You don't get many chances at a talent like that.  Top 5 draft pick.  Maybe 1 or 2 of the top international prospects.  They grow on trees like gold and scratch golf swings.  It's not about him going elsewhere, but that we had him.  easily.  it was a no brainer.  

The kid grew up an angels fan. I remember him taking batting practice as a kid. Literally he was probably 10 years old and hitting balls to the wall already. 

Dipoto is mentally challenged. He has none of the qualities I'd want In a GM

it just goes to show how far being a smooth talker can take you in life, but eventually the cream rises to the top and the shit gets flushed to Seattle

7 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Swing looks just as powerful as his dads.

I disagree. 

Pretty much when Vlad made contact you'd know that the ball was gone immediately. I don't really see that in this kids swing. Apparently neither did the BJ's broadcaster as he was begging that ball to "get up." And, is that a BATTING GLOVE I see? For shame!

Sorry to say, ain't gonna measure up to pops. IE Bruin can call me out on it in 10 years if I'm wrong.

Wouldn't have had a problem with the Halo's giving him a shot though, that's for sure. Apparently Dipoto effed that up?

Might have to fight Mr. Trout for that #27 though.

Man you are stupid. He is only 19. As an 18 year old he hit 13 home runs between A and A+ ball. His father hit 16 home runs in A ball...  at the age of 20. This kid has not even grown into his body yet and he's crushing baseballs. 

What you know of Vlad Sr is the 30 year old polished veteran, not the 19 year old kid that had yet to see major league pitching. As usual your mouth is flapping authoritaritively about something you know nothing about.

If Vlad Jr were with the Angels he would have a roster expansion call up at the end of this season and would be the starting third baseman in 2019 with Cozart moving to 2nd base.

Edited by Blarg

46 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Man you are stupid. He is only 19. As an 18 year old he hit 13 home runs between A and A+ ball. His father hit 16 home runs in A ball...  at the age of 20. This kid has not even grown into his body yet and he's crushing baseballs. 

What you know of Vlad Sr is the 30 year old polished veteran, not the 19 year old kid that had yet to see major league pitching. As usual your mouth is flapping authoritaritively about something you know nothing about.

If Vlad Jr were with the Angels he would have a roster expansion call up at the end of this season and would be the starting third baseman in 2019 with Cozart moving to 2nd base.

Are you new?