• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One thing most Senators agree on.

This is one of those things that the Supreme Court should look at and overturn as unconstitutional.  Because isn't that what their job really is?  As the third branch of the government to make sure that the other two don't do things contrary to the constitution, like the 4th ammendment?

35 minutes ago, Tank said:

Tings that matter: warrantless seaches against the citizenry being in place

things that don't really matter: calling a bunch of sh*thole countries actual sh*tholes.

People don’t want to be bothered with complex nuanced issues. 

The shithole comment thing isn’t nothing though, it’s yet another indictment of his inability to lead. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

This is one of the reasons i no longer take politics seriously and consider both parties little more than professional leeches.  
So many REAL issues like this, and all anyone cares about is Trumps fucking weight and the fact that he said some they themselves said in justification as to why we dont need vetted immigration using different terminology.
Its a smoke screen poeple, i dont care which color of koolaid you drink we are being lied to by all of them.  
They've turned it all into identity politics to do nothing more than pit us against each other while they profit.  

i hate to pile on, but the media is so obviously complicit in this. look at what they're reporting on and what they're pretty much ignoring. they have such a position of inlfuence, and people don't usually want to be bothered to dig deeper and see what else is really going on. without a doubt, if you did a man-on-the-street interview tonight about the sh*thole comment vs. the warrantless searches, far, FAR more people will be upset about the former and ignorant of the latter, and that just shouldn't be.

18 hours ago, arch stanton said:

It looks like we've established a villain (the politicians) and a scapegoat for distracting from important issues (the media). So it seems that all that is left for us to do is sit idly with our thumbs up our collective arses and watch the country spin down the drain?

for the majority of americans, i think you're spot on. just look at how many idiots we have in washington that are incumbents. and this is comes at a time when congress continues to have some of its lowest approval ratings. why do we keep reelecting them? 

i'd like to think that most of us here are more involved/aware, but i wouldn't swear by it.

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

for the majority of americans, i think you're spot on. just look at how many idiots we have in washington that are incumbents. and this is comes at a time when congress continues to have some of its lowest approval ratings. why do we keep reelecting them? 

i'd like to think that most of us here are more involved/aware, but i wouldn't swear by it.

Hopelessness.

we all know campaign speeches are filled with incredible amounts of bull, yet we still have a majority of people buying into them.

it's like the incredible surprise on the face of contestants on 'survivor' when they find out one of their mates lied.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

we all know campaign speeches are filled with incredible amounts of bull, yet we still have a majority of people buying into them.

it's like the incredible surprise on the face of contestants on 'survivor' when they find out one of their mates lied.

I don't think a majority of people buy into them.  The true believers do but that is about it.  The rest vote for the lesser of two evils.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't think a majority of people buy into them.  The true believers do but that is about it.  The rest vote for the lesser of two evils.

the rest of us aren't left with much in the way of good choices. how do we encourage better candidates to run? maybe that's what we really need to target at some point. i'm tired of having to choose between the trumps and clintons of this country.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

the rest of us aren't left with much in the way of good choices. how do we encourage better candidates to run? maybe that's what we really need to target at some point. i'm tired of having to choose between the trumps and clintons of this country.

My thought is that even candidates that start out good and go into it with the best intentions end up at the very least morally compromised by the time they get so far in politics.  Ignoring that for a moment few politicians do what needs to be done when it comes to the hard choices because the moment they get elected they're already angling to get re-elected.  When one side is in power the other side talks a tough game but then once they're in power they don't follow through and both sides are guilty of this.  This is why we continue to kick the can down the road and are slowly going broke paying for a lifestyle the country can't afford.  I'd love to see term limits across the board that way candidates at least aren't in there on day 1 working on getting re-elected.  That doesn't mean they wouldn't be working towards getting the next guy or gal from their party elected but it's a start.   

Its not hopelessness, its apathy, or worse identity politics.  
Seriously as things are now can you imagine many people crossing those lines over literally anything?  They have carves us up and isolated us off to the point where its just assumed that if you're a wealthy straight  white guy you have to be Rep, anything else is just inconceivable.  
I believe this identity crap will go down as the worst thing in the history of american politics, and it was orchestrated, intentionally, for exactly what it has achieved.