• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernard Law... He Gone!

• 7 months later...

Vatican calls Pennsylvania abuse criminal and morally reprehensible... blah blah blah blah blah.

I wonder how many of those in the report will get the same treatment Bernard Law did (living care free at the Vatican, avoiding extradition).

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/us/pennsylvania-catholic-church-vatican-response/index.html

2 hours ago, Tank said:

i wonder how much of the abuse would come to an end if the priests got married. correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems not too long ago there were some places starting to allow priests to get married, yes?

There are places where priest's can marry 12 yr old boys?

6 hours ago, Tank said:

i wonder how much of the abuse would come to an end if the priests got married. correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems not too long ago there were some places starting to allow priests to get married, yes?

Ive always wondered if guys went in to that line of work specifically to target kids. I think most molesters were abused themselves as kids. So i wonder if some of these priests went in to that job for that reason.

Im not religious really, and only know of thr catholic church abuse from vague memories of news reports and jokes. But is it more or less just catholics priests? And are they the only ones who cant marry?

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive always wondered if guys went in to that line of work specifically to target kids. I think most molesters were abused themselves as kids. So i wonder if some of these priests went in to that job for that reason.

Im not religious really, and only know of thr catholic church abuse from vague memories of news reports and jokes. But is it more or less just catholics priests? And are they the only ones who cant marry?

do you wonder the same about teachers? after all, millions of children have been abused by them in one way or another. 

Spotlight is one of the best films of the last 10 years, and tells the story of how the Boston sexual abuse scandal was uncovered.

The Keepers is a heart-breaking documentary on Netflix that highlights abuse and coverup in the Catholic Church.

A Pennsylvania Grand Jury just released a report detailing 1,000+ cases of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church there.

I kind of wish the Catholic Church would just shut down. I've met many wonderful Catholics who have a genuine faith, but the institutional Catholic Church is just so, so corrupt. It sickens me that Cardinal Law's life was be celebrated, but it's unfortunately par for the course

21 hours ago, Tank said:

Yeah, but the bible says that priests can't get married. It's right there in the bible.

On August 16, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Taylor said:

Spotlight is one of the best films of the last 10 years, and tells the story of how the Boston sexual abuse scandal was uncovered.

The Keepers is a heart-breaking documentary on Netflix that highlights abuse and coverup in the Catholic Church.

A Pennsylvania Grand Jury just released a report detailing 1,000+ cases of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church there.

I kind of wish the Catholic Church would just shut down. I've met many wonderful Catholics who have a genuine faith, but the institutional Catholic Church is just so, so corrupt. It sickens me that Cardinal Law's life was be celebrated, but it's unfortunately par for the course

there have been millions of instances of abuse by schoolteachers. 

i wish they would just shut down schools. 

and police departments. 

On 8/16/2018 at 10:34 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think it has more to do with them trying to avoid their problem. They aren't in to adult women or men so the no marriage thing isn't a big deal. Dedicating yourself to serving God seems like a solution to the problem. Obviously as they get older all of that stuff flies out the window and they eventually can't control themselves.

Were the Catholic church to allow priests to marry I think you wouldn't see this sort of behavior anymore. Of course most of these sickos who became priests for this reason would just be doing the same thing somewhere else. 

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

You guys can argue about who is more abusive but it all just points to how many kids don’t have anyone in their lives to protect them. That’s the sad part 

there is no argument as to who is more abusive, but I agree with your comment regarding the lack of protection for children 

Many child victims of sexual abuse in the Baptist Church are silenced, either by the bullying and shunning tactics of the church or by their own shame. Sadly, this situation allows the perpetrator to continue his pattern of abusing and molesting children. 

Many Baptists are surprised to learn that thesexual abuse of children is not just a problem associated with the Catholic Church. According to an Associated Press article, three insurers of protestant churches received more than 260 reports of children being sexually abused by ministers and other church officials in a single year. This compares to 228 credible accusations against Catholic clergy in a year, according to conservative records produced by the Catholic Church.

One of the remarkable things about child sex abuse in the Baptist Church is how many people knew about it in specific cases. Accusations of clergy abuse are documented at the convention level.

The Baptist General Convention of Texas has a "so-called confidential files" of known child sexual abuse offenders within its membership. 

Until recently, this file included the names of convicted child molesters who remained on the registry of ministers until church officials were confronted by reporters from the television show 20/20. Baptist church officials have access to information and heightened knowledge about the abuse history of their own ministers.