• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Arte Moreno and his Angels can't take the heat

Because the article wasn't about the Dodgers, it was about the Angels.

Don't agree with all of it...but don't disagree with all of it either. I put a lot of the Angels struggles on the GM, but I also don't discount the fact that the Angels owner is pushing win NOW.

I'm definitely not a Simers, although I did enjoy him moderating a Vin Scully and John Wooden conversation across from Staples Center a few years ago. Nevertheless, I do agree with this:

"Prone to being emotional when Moreno doesn't get his way, the Angels ended up with Vernon Wells."

I'm not a big fan of Simers, but it's refreshing every once and a while to see someone in the media holding the Angels and Dodgers accountable.

Everybody else from the LA Times, OC Register, and local TV stations refuse to ask tough questions.  I would love to have somebody middle of the road between Simers and his cheerleader colleagues. 

I'm not a big fan of Simers, but it's refreshing every once and a while to see someone in the media holding the Angels and Dodgers accountable.

Everybody else from the LA Times, OC Register, and local TV stations refuse to ask tough questions. I would love to have somebody middle of the road between Simers and his cheerleader colleagues.

Simers isn't holding the teams accountable. He hates baseball and couldn't care less about how good or bad the Angels or Dodgers are doing. His goal is to just be the biggest douche he can be. He's no different than an Internet forum troll.

Simers isn't holding the teams accountable. He hates baseball and couldn't care less about how good or bad the Angels or Dodgers are doing. His goal is to just be the biggest douche he can be. He's no different than an Internet forum troll.

OK then, what reporters do hold the teams accountable? 

Since when is that a sports reporters job? 

A reporter's job is to portray subjects in the most palatable way possible? 

To be fair, it's not just sports, the quality of reporting in the OC Register and LA Times is terrible these days.  Most local "news" is regurgitated press releases...