• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manny Machado

Turd Ferguson

2 hours ago, Dick Enberg said:

My oh my, Manny me boy is one of the top 5 players in the Game.  

Top 5 in all of baseball? Lol, he barely makes my top 5 for 3b. I'll take Arenado, Byrant, and Ramirez all before him. Outside of 3b there's like another 15-20 position players ahead of him as well. A top 5 player doesn't have a career ops of .754 on the road and what happens to his ops when he's not playing half his games in a band box?

Valbuena was a better offensive player on the road last year than Machado.

I'm all for adding one more major piece, but there are a few out there, Harper, Arenado, Donaldson, Longoria, Darvish, Arrieta, Machado, etc.  If we go for one it may take us out of the running for the others.  I'd plan first who we really want to target.  Or just extend Trout instead.

1 hour ago, AngelArcher said:

Top 5 in all of baseball? Lol, he barely makes my top 5 for 3b. I'll take Arenado, Byrant, and Ramirez all before him. Outside of 3b there's like another 15-20 position players ahead of him as well. A top 5 player doesn't have a career ops of .754 on the road and what happens to his ops when he's not playing half his games in a band box?

What are your thoughts on Simmons?

1 hour ago, AngelArcher said:

To be fair, Machado's road OPS was over .800 in 2015 and 2016.   There is some up and down with his career road numbers though. 

46 minutes ago, AngelArcher said:

Hahaha, so I strongly disagree why he's not top 5 and gave reasons why, but is seen as a Machado sucks opinion.

He's a good player, but overrated.

You just posted his road OPS. That's it. 

His OPS+ is 116 over his career. Better than Jose Ramirez. Arenado has a career 118 OPS+ btw. 

I would say Arenado is the best third baseman in the game overall. Kris Bryant is a close second. But after that? Machado is right there. 

Is he a top 5 position player? I don't think so. I didn't say he was. But he's unquestionably top 15 and probably top 10. 

Edited by tdawg87

• 1 month later...