• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manny Machado

Turd Ferguson

Who wouldn't love or dream of doing this? Only a few problems--we need a 3B, and Manny says he wants to play SS. If he's cool with playing 3B long term, that's a big difference. Second, the only way I'd do this is if I had a good idea that I can sign him long-term. The only way to do that would be to backload his contract to get around Pujols' contract. But, by that point, Trout will need a new contract and Ohtani will be getting a bit expensive. Maybe Ettin can model the payroll, but, I'm not sure that we can fit his expensive contract into our long-term payroll. Finally, who represents Manny? If it's Boras, there's no way he won't test the FA market.

Just now, Dave Saltzer said:

Who wouldn't love or dream of doing this? Only a few problems--we need a 3B, and Manny says he wants to play SS. If he's cool with playing 3B long term, that's a big difference. Second, the only way I'd do this is if I had a good idea that I can sign him long-term. The only way to do that would be to backload his contract to get around Pujols' contract. But, by that point, Trout will need a new contract and Ohtani will be getting a bit expensive. Maybe Ettin can model the payroll, but, I'm not sure that we can fit his expensive contract into our long-term payroll. Finally, who represents Manny? If it's Boras, there's no way he won't test the FA market.

Boras.

Hard pass for me either way.

9 minutes ago, krAbs said:

If we can sign at least one solid (maybe even vetran) starter, i would seriously consider any two of: bridwell/Rameriez/Trop. all fairly unproven, but hell, two cheap starters is a lot to ask for.

I don't know if any team would consider trading for Ramirez/Trop TBH. Ramirez has been cleared to throw again, but who knows his arm could fall off? and Trop coming back from TJ could be a ways off from being consistent again. I could see someone going after Skags and Bridwell for sure. 

3 minutes ago, The_Outrunner said:

I don't know if any team would consider trading for Ramirez/Trop TBH. Ramirez has been cleared to throw again, but who knows his arm could fall off? and Trop coming back from TJ could be a ways off from being consistent again. I could see someone going after Skags and Bridwell for sure. 

Neither one of them would pass the stringent medicals that the Orioles give so it wouldn't matter anyway

3 minutes ago, The_Outrunner said:

You're right, buuut...they are shopping an infielder rental in the middle of an infield heavy market, and asking for two young cost controlled starting pitchers. They best kiss our ass and thank us for the opportunity to get that. Machado is good, but he's not THAT good.

Just now, krAbs said:

You're right, buuut...they are shopping an infielder rental in the middle of an infield heavy market, and asking for two young cost controlled starting pitchers. They best kiss our ass and thank us for the opportunity to get that. Machado is good, but he's not THAT good.

Haha Damn Straight! I'm a pass on the idea, but you never know!

2 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

He wants to move back to SS.  Pass.

I dunno, I don't think I'd pass based on this - would he rather play SS for a team going nowhere, or 3B for a team that has a very good chance, with his help, of advancing in the postseason?  

The cost may be too much, of course, but you *have* to inquire ...

Wouldn't plan to keep him, though - he'll cost too much.  So, a rental.  

Offense was the biggest issue last year which may be giving people the idea that we have enough pitching. Remember, the Angels literally had an entire rotation on the DL. Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Shoemaker, and Tropeano all missed the majority of 2017. And JC Ramirez had a serious injury at the end of the year. Bridwell is the only guy with any value right now, but he may have more value to the Angels since he has so many years of control and has options left. 

Nobody is going to trade their best player for 2 of these guys.