• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Pursuing Ohtani

totdprods

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

True. But im not necessarilly suggesting hed choose to live in torrance (much less gardena), but the businesses there and in the communitt might appeal to him (or family who come out to stay with him). So lets say he were to choose hermosa or manhatten beach to live in. Thats not far at all to get to dodger stadium, and only minutes to the chinese community in torrance.

Theres a ton of pho places in westminster/garden grove though, so that helps us. Theres a tae kwon do place just around the corner from angel stadium. And PF chengs at garden walk. So theres other things from his homeland near here, too.

Theres also santa ana, but thats more juan than taiwan.

Pho, Tae Kwan Do and PF Changs are not Japanese. Nor do they come from the same country.

Pho is Vietnamese.

Tae Kwan Do is Korean.

PF Changs is Chinese.

And he's not Chinese. Or Taiwanese.

He's Japanese. And who knows if he even likes things from Japan?

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Pho, Tae Kwan Do and PF Changs are not Japanese. Nor do they come from the same country.

Pho is Vietnamese.

Tae Kwan Do is Korean.

PF Changs is Chinese.

I'm pretty sure Garden Grove has some delish ramen & sushi places, no?

8 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Pho is Vietnamese.

Tae Kwan Do is Korean.

PF Changs is Chinese.

I'm pretty sure he's kidding

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Irvine Spectrum has a Hello Kitty dessert cart.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm pretty sure Garden Grove has some delish ramen & sushi places, no?

Take him to Pick Up Sticks, and give him a fork.  Let's don't coddle the guy.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

totally insensitive, dude. 

or have you forgotten what the boat people did to neighborhoods dogs when they first arrived?

Who are you talking about the "boat people", or the "dogs"?  What did the boat people, or dogs, do?  Let me guess, the boat people killed and ate the dogs (gross), or the dogs shit on the decks of the boats owned by the boat people (gross)?  I personally believe that Goofy should be allowed to come to the meeting, especially given Mickey Mouse is there.  It would be better than Minnie Mouse, she would never shut her pie hole. 

4 minutes ago, artesmustache said:

I'm starting to get my hopes up...this is a bad feeling.

Don't worry, Arte will call him a "Jap" at some point, and the meeting will abruptly end.  And if Dipoto signs him, I may personally throw up, constantly, for at least a week, or two.

2 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

So, basically, you've named China, Vietnam, Korea, and sort-of China again, - for a Japanese baseball player. 

There are a lot of animosities there, between Japan and China and Korea, especially - and is a little like saying a German soccer player is going to be comfortable in a new city because there's a French restaurant, Wee Britain, a Polish pirogi restaurant, and members of the Russian mafia living nearby.

I forgot to mention if he signs here, he could always stay in hawaiin gardens. 

7 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Who are you talking about the "boat people", or the "dogs"?  What did the boat people, or dogs, do?  Let me guess, the boat people killed and ate the dogs (gross), or the dogs shit on the decks of the boats owned by the boat people (gross)?  I personally believe that Goofy should be allowed to come to the meeting, especially given Mickey Mouse is there.  It would be better than Minnie Mouse, she would never shut her pie hole. 

Goofy will just screw things up. Donald Duck should be there with Mickey. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Pho is Vietnamese.

Tae Kwan Do is Korean.

PF Changs is Chinese.

I mean....dont they all like it?

Im just saying, if were gonna sell this guy on feeling like hes at home in japan, we could show him the mongolian bbq on Knott in buena park. Or the cigarette stores on st college. The kung fu place on euclid and la palma. Theres a place called nguyens kitchen on main in santa ana hed probably adore. Or the dry cleaners next door to it.

Im just saying, we shouldnt think we're out of this. It may not be little tokyo around here, but there is still enough to make you feel at home if youre from thailand, like this guy. 

Hell, he could buy a place in Chino. I think troy glaus lived there.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im just saying, if were gonna sell this guy on feeling like hes at home in japan, we could show him the mongolian bbq on Knott in buena park. Or the cigarette stores on st college. The kung fu place on euclid and la palma. Theres a place called nguyens kitchen on main in santa ana hed probably adore. Or the dry cleaners next door to it.

Calgon, take me away!