• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chili Davis going to Cubs

Brian Ilten

Well, first you Craiged yourself then you were late on the news, it was posted a couple hours ago in the Angels Hitting Coach thread.

Posted 2 hours ago

Cubs hire Chili Davis to be their hitting coach.  I know @Inside Pitch was big on trying to get him to come over from the red sox but looks like the cubs have him now

Edited by Blarg

15 minutes ago, Brian Ilten said:

Once again the Angels miss the boat.

Cubs get better.  Angels get their cast off.

And some of you wonder why we don't come around that often anymore.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cubs-continue-coaching-carousel-more-181928849.html

we wondered............but we weren't complaining ;)

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Well, first you Craiged yourself then you were late on the news, it was posted a couple hours ago in the Angels Hitting Coach thread.

Posted 2 hours ago

Cubs hire Chili Davis to be their hitting coach.  I know @Inside Pitch was big on trying to get him to come over from the red sox but looks like the cubs have him now

You can't craig yourself if its buried in another thread.  Amazing... I wonder what other rules have changed around this place... check that.  I don't wonder.

22 minutes ago, Brian Ilten said:

Once again the Angels miss the boat.

Cubs get better.  Angels get their cast off.

And some of you wonder why we don't come around that often anymore.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cubs-continue-coaching-carousel-more-181928849.html

Nothing's changed much, Brian.

The Homers will still attack the messenger, while dismissing the obvious deficiencies in the organization.

Shatterproof rose-coloured glasses.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Several of the Red Sox more significant bats regressed last year.  Not sure why Chili Davis would be so important to the Angels. 

If you're going to fault him for them regressing -- then you have to praise him for the advances they took in previous seasons.   

Davis brings a lot to the table beyond his hitting coach stuff.  While I don't see this as a failure on the Angels part -- I have been VERY high on Davis for a long long time.  Davis' will IMO end up being a better version of Don Baylor -- someone who's personality commanded respect and who will end up working his way from hitting coach to MLB manager.

Also -- if the Cubs are so smart -- then it's pretty easy to argue that in taking someone from them that they weren't looking to fire the Angels are pilfering from an organization with a clue and not scraping the bottom of the barrel.

This is one of those perspective things...  

4 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Nothing's changed much, Brian.

The Homers will still attack the messenger, while dismissing the obvious deficiencies in the organization.

Shatterproof rose-coloured glasses.

you forgot to mention that the critics still think all of the angels troubles are the fault of just one single solitary person.

a completely shattered glass cup that is never ever more than half full.

Edited by Tank

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

If you're going to fault him for them regressing -- then you have to praise him for the advances they took in previous seasons.   

Davis brings a lot to the table beyond his hitting coach stuff.  While I don't see this as a failure on the Angels part -- I have been VERY high on Davis for a long long time.  Davis' will IMO end up being a better version of Don Baylor -- someone who's personality commanded respect and who will end up working his way from hitting coach to MLB manager.

Also -- if the Cubs are so smart -- then it's pretty easy to argue that in taking someone from them that they weren't looking to fire the Angels are pilfering from an organization with a clue and not scraping the bottom of the barrel.

This is one of those perspective things...  

I’m not faulting him, I just don’t think it makes that big of a difference.  Cubs have been good hitting teams, doesn’t Hinske get credit for that ?

pretty awesome seeing a mod that pulls a full on espn forum routine here. i was actually laughing my way through the little back and forth there. i love love love that a mod has self banished himself until catorce is gone. that sounds like a self imposed lifetime ban, to me. lol.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not faulting him, I just don’t think it makes that big of a difference.  Cubs have been good hitting teams, doesn’t Hinske get credit for that ?

Figure of speech -- no offense intended...   

Not sure if you noticed, but I don't have an issue with Hinkse over Davis, I can both hold Davis in high regard and be willing to see what Hinske brings to the Halos.

Apologies if that wasn't clear before.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Figure of speech -- no offense intended...   

Not sure if you noticed, but I don't have an issue with Hinkse over Davis, I can both hold Davis in high regard and be willing to see what Hinske brings to the Halos.

Apologies if that wasn't clear before.

No need to apologize mang.  I just wonder why their not getting in is indicative of some failure on the part of the Angels. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

there's not a single person on this board or on the planet earth that can tell you if a hitting coach is going to be successful or not. they are in a results oriented business and, dare i say, frequently just along for the ride.

i don't know when chili davis became the world's greatest hitting coach, and if so, why was he available? the red sox couldn't afford him?

hinske has come from the greatest success the cubs franchise has ever known, why's he shitty?

these are rhetorical questions, i know the answers.

9 hours ago, ukyah said:

there's not a single person on this board or on the planet earth that can tell you if a hitting coach is going to be successful or not. they are in a results oriented business and, dare i say, frequently just along for the ride.

i don't know when chili davis became the world's greatest hitting coach, and if so, why was he available? the red sox couldn't afford him?

hinske has come from the greatest success the cubs franchise has ever known, why's he shitty?

these are rhetorical questions, i know the answers.

18 hours ago, Brian Ilten said:

You can't craig yourself if its buried in another thread.  Amazing... I wonder what other rules have changed around this place... check that.  I don't wonder.

When I first came to this thread you had not only double posted the same thing but edited both. So that's why I joked that you craiged yourself. Since then you did a clean up on isle four and mopped up your mess.