• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rough year for Angel fans

Second Base

27 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

We're probably going to have to sit and watch our rivals the Dodgers play our other rivals/hated teams, the Yankees or Astros.

It's never a great year when you aren't in the World Series, but this one will sting a bit more than watching the Twins and the Rockies.

I enjoyed the 2017 Angels season ... also excited for 2018 season. 

26 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Dodgers fans don’t consider the Angels their rival ... not sure why some Angels fans do. 

They may not consider the Angels their rival, but I know a lot of their fans and they don't like the Angels.  The feeling is mutual.

It's funny thing - I grew up listening to Vin Scully and was a huge Dodgers fan -- I also listened to Dick Enberg and liked the Angels.

Dodgers were always the top LA / S. Cal team and the Angels sort of an after-thought --- but I really liked the Cowboy and wanted to see the Angels win a World Series for him.

Attended lots of games at Dodger Stadium over the years.........and watch a fair number at The Big A including a memorable Nolan Ryan 16 strikeout performance.

As I became older, had kids and was involved in Little League stuff with them -- still sort of liked the Dodgers but preferred Angels Stadium as a better family friendly park. I also liked the players better -- including a short stop named DiSarcina -- not too flashy, not the best fielder / glove guy -- not really much of a hitter compared to guys like Ripken, Jeter and Garciaparra.......but when DiSar was in the line up, the Angels seemed to win and were a better team..........then O'Malley sold the Dodgers and along the way the team was bought by an very under-capitalized Frank McCourt -- thanks Bud Selig for that one -- will never understand the hold McCourt had on someone in MLB to get an exclusive right to buy one of the most storied franchises in baseball using a Boston parking lot as good faith collateral.  Of course, McCourt and his family members quickly caused the value of the blue chip Dodgers franchise to plummet........

well,  I will stop rambling -- bottom line , I became to really like the Angels and not so much the Dodgers........McCourt's ownership[ was abysmal and embarrassing for MLB -Selig who paved the way for McCourt to destroy the team -- was never really held to account. As for Arte and our Halos during this time -- I felt they really missed a great opportunity to significantly increase their market share/ penetration into the greater Los Angeles/ S. Cal basin..........it didn't happen......McCourt's low capitalized ownership cratered..........the local LA blue chip investors with Magic Johnson as the public PR guy lead had Dodger Blue back with competitive teams and now to the promised land of the World Series.

I just don't see the Angels having a chance in the foreseeable future to challenge the Dodgers' dominance of the greater LA market (although the awful cable tv situation for the Dodgers probably helps the Angels as the Dodgers' expense).

this season was a mixed bag for me.  

I'm kinda still not over going 11-17 in September.  I get that we really weren't much better than a .500 team and even if we made the playoffs, it's likely we wouldn't have gone far, but it was another missed opportunity.  

On the flip side, there's potential there.  Pitching health and a couple of adds on offense gives us a legit shot to grab a wild card next year.  But it's gonna be really difficult to be in contention for the division as Houston is just really good and their team will be intact for a few more years.  They've also got some payroll flexibility.  

We should be rooting for them to win the WS so they take the foot off the pedal a bit.  Because if they don't, I could see them making another hard push to add this off season.  

There's some shitty Dodger fans, but there's too many people I love who are Dodger fans that I can't not be happy for them. I've never considered them a real rival like the Sox, Yankees, or Rangers. I also have some Dodger players close to my heart (Koufax, Shawn Green, Kershaw, etc).

I also used to like the Astros as an NL team (family in Houston), so I havent really developed hate for them. I want them to lose to the Angels, but otherwise I don't mind what they do. Seeing them win AL stuff is still weird though.

Plus the Angels had a better season than I expected, and I think we can be better next year. Really not a terrible season imo. If the Red Sox had won the WS, thats a different story.

I guess the only thing I'd look forward to is if the Yankees win, we'd see an old school rivalry that dates back to the 1940s when the Dodgers played in Brooklyn and kept losing to their "big brother". They only won one WS out of the six times against the Yankees while in Brooklyn in the WS.

9 hours ago, greginpsca said:

It started when the Angels were tenants at the latrine. Fans knew how O'Malley screwed over the Angels.

And growing up being the redheaded stepchild to the local news. The Dodgers were their beloved favorites..

I will ALWAYS hate the Dodgers. You young kids or lukewarm Angels fans will NEVER understand. 

10 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

I enjoyed the 2017 Angels season ... also excited for 2018 season. 

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

That makes you a club of one.

But you knew that already.

I enjoyed August....so I guess you can add me to the club....