• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

In my ideal world, the Dodgers and Astros will both lose the World Series.

In my real world, I have close relatives and former co-workers who are Dodgers fans. So, despite the Dogs' suckage, I want my friends and relatives to have a happy next week or so.

And I dislike these Astros as much as I disliked those Athletics'and Rangers  teams when they were good and in the way of the Angels.

On October 22, 2017 at 11:41 AM, JustATroutFan said:

Labeling someone a "choke artist" based on one bad postseason, I see. Sooooo smart! 

Not labeling someone a choke artist even though his entire body of work in that scenario completely sucked ass is, too. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Not labeling someone a choke artist even though his entire body of work in that scenario completely sucked ass is, too. 

Okay, I won't label Harper as one just yet. I'll give him a slight pass since he did have a good postseason in 2014. Like I said, I don't label someone as a choker if he is a star and has even two bad postseason. So, two more postseasons, he did good for half of it. So, I guess it's even. But if Harper does bad in the postseason the next time he gets to play in one, I will place the label "choker" next to his name.

On October 20, 2017 at 5:32 PM, fan_since79 said:

Cheapest tickets for Game 1 of the Series are $950 on StubHub, and that's for upper deck. Field Box are as much as $12,000 a seat.

Dugout Club behind home plate at the Latrine are going for $21,500, includes all-you-can-eat buffet.

Insane.

Not too bad. Only 10% more than the regular season.

On October 20, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Blarg said:

All the faux animosity here is pretty ridiculous. Saying you'd rather the East Coast Yankees won instead of your own West coast representative just plays into the Yankees getting non stop hand jobs by the media. 

It's not faux by any stretch of the imagination. I fucking hate the dodgers every bit as much as I hate southern cal and female comedians.

21 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Okay, I won't label Harper as one just yet. I'll give him a slight pass since he did have a good postseason in 2014. Like I said, I don't label someone as a choker if he is a star and has even two bad postseason. So, two more postseasons, he did good for half of it. So, I guess it's even. But if Harper does bad in the postseason the next time he gets to play in one, I will place the label "choker" next to his name.

Bryce Harper was 19 years old in his first playoff series in which he went 3-23 with a .130/.130/.391/.522 line (you know, comparable to trout's stellar 2014 series).  

But in game 5 when his team needed him the most, he went 2-5 with a rbi triple and a solo home run.  Clutch!!

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Bryce Harper was 19 years old in his first playoff series in which he went 3-23 with a .130/.130/.391/.522 line (you know, comparable to trout's stellar 2014 series).  

But in game 5 when his team needed him the most, he went 2-5 with a rbi triple and a solo home run.  Clutch!!

If Harper has a bad postseason his next time out, he'll deserve the label of a "postseason choker". I'm not going to pick out games in which he does well, if any. Just going by overall slash line.

26 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Five days ago I posted this: 

On October 18, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Lou said:

Harper has had a OPS of higher than .725 in three of his four postseasons. That may not seem too high,  but a player's OPS number tends to suffer in the postseason.

Trout had 15 PAs in his only playoff appearance. Care to guess how many players with more than 15 PAs this year have an OPS of higher than .725?

That's a total of  19 players on 10 teams.

Trout's OPS was 600

Your response:

On October 18, 2017 at 9:09 AM, JustATroutFan said:

That is true because a hitter gets to face good pitchers in most of their plate appearances in the postseason. 

So you obviously realize that an OPS in the postseason in the .700s isn't terrible, and yet, you continue on your warpath to discredit every other player because Trout was beyond awful. 

For those out there who are wondering what a troll looks like . . . 

Just now, Lou said:

Five days ago I posted this: 

Your response:

So you obviously realize that an OPS in the postseason in the .700s isn't terrible, and yet, you continue on your warpath to discredit every other player because Trout was beyond awful. 

For those out there who are wondering what a troll looks like . . . 

It doesn't help that they get to face more good pitchers but a .700 OPS is still not good, even if it's better than a .600 OPS. I never said Trout wasn't horrible in his lone postseason, did I? Hell no!

3 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Are they all chokers? Do they all not show up in the post season?

Or is offense at a premium in the playoffs

Would have to check on how they did in their other postseasons, not just this one, if they played in other postseasons before. One bad postseason or two doesn't make a player a "choker". No one is saying that pitching in the postseason is not better than pitching in the regular season.