• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are the Indians this good or are we this bad?

Torridd

Cleveland hitting on all cylinders right now.

We played a very good team playing it's best baseball of the season.

Cleveland is on a roll at the right time. I see them facing Houston in the ALCS and probably advancing to the World Series.

Nothing against the Indians or Cleveland - but a Cleveland/ Chicago Cubs or Cleveland/ Washington Nats  World Series would likely be a ratings nightmare for MLB and the networks.

Whole West Coast tunes out -- others turn to the NFL and college football..........

As for the Halos -- we were never really that much better than average to mediocre this season, the August win streak gave the still mediocre Halos hope.

Now, playing a clearly superior team who swept us AT HOME -- the Halos are back to earth.

as for me, gonna be difficult to root AGAINST Tito Francona and his Cleveland Indians in the post-season.

I really like Francisco Lindor --

He's Andrelton Simmons' favorite player and Simmons has very quickly this season become one of my all time favorite Halos players.

I like the way the guy plays, I like his attitude, I like the way he goes about playing.........hope he continues on in a Halos uniform for many years.

6 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Cleveland hitting on all cylinders right now.

We played a very good team playing it's best baseball of the season.

Cleveland is on a roll at the right time. I see them facing Houston in the ALCS and probably advancing to the World Series.

Nothing against the Indians or Cleveland - but a Cleveland/ Chicago Cubs or Cleveland/ Washington Nats  World Series would likely be a ratings nightmare for MLB and the networks.

Whole West Coast tunes out -- others turn to the NFL and college football..........

As for the Halos -- we were never really that much better than average to mediocre this season, the August win streak gave the still mediocre Halos hope.

Now, playing a clearly superior team who swept us AT HOME -- the Halos are back to earth.

Cleveland didn't just show up hot and surprise everyone in MLB. They won 94 games last season and they have a pretty solid manager and a lot of talented players.

Including the streak, the Indians are 48-12 in their last 60 games. That's a third of the season playing .800 ball. I dont know that I have ever seen a team play .800 ball for 60 games. They had a six game winning streak at the start of this period. I do remember the 84 Tigers playing .875 ball for 40 games. They started the season 35-5. Maybe the 2000 Yankees had a stretch like this.

Of those 12 losses, 9 were to teams above .500 right now. They have only lost three times to teams that are below .500 right now. Once to CHW and twice to KCR. They are beating the teams they are supposed to beat. Thirty-two of those 48 wins are against teams that are below .500, at this point in the season.

To a certain extent, the Indians have taken advantage of how poor the AL Central is. Twenty-one of those wins in that period have come against KCR, CHW and DET. They have also beaten TBR three times and TOR three times. One win against CIN and six wins against the LAA, who are now only a .500 team. Really, the only "good" teams they have played in the last 60 are the Red Sox, the Yankees and the Rockies. They were 2-4 against BOS, 5-2 against NYY and 1-1 against COL. They have only played MIN twice in this period, beating them both times. They have three more games against MIN.

The Indians are very good, but they have not been playing very many good teams for the last 60 games.

However, they have rarely been completely healthy during this stretch, if at all. Brantley and Zimmer appear to be lost for the playoffs.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Including the streak, the Indians are 48-12 in their last 60 games. That's a third of the season playing .800 ball. I dont know that I have ever seen a team play .800 ball for 60 games. They had a six game winning streak at the start of this period. I do remember the 84 Tigers playing .875 ball for 40 games. They started the season 35-5. Maybe the 2000 Yankees had a stretch like this.

Have you seriously not been paying attention? The dodgers had a more impressive run than the Indians that just came to an end a month ago. From June 7th - August 22nd they were 54-10 .844

5 hours ago, Calzone said:

Both, are we forgetting that we now trail the former LASTROS by 17.5 games. Cleveland didn't teach us anything we didn't already know. 

Lol...bro, now youre trying way in the f*ck too hard. 

If you seriously still call houston the lastros, and spell it with caps, to try and make your usual trolling posts, you obviously didnt get laid once during your aw.com sabattical.

7 hours ago, AngelArcher said:

Have you seriously not been paying attention? The dodgers had a more impressive run than the Indians that just came to an end a month ago. From June 7th - August 22nd they were 54-10 .844

Yeah, I didnt realize the Dodgers had a stretch that good, for that long. Probably the losing 15 of 16 fooled me. I stand corrected.

I think the ALCS will come down to Boston-Cleveland. The Astros dont have the pitching and they arent hitting nearly as good as they were in the first half.

Boston probably has a better bullpen than the Indians, now that Workman and Carson Smith are healthy. And Price, if he comes back, will be in the pen.

Cleveland is a better hitting team and has better starters. But the Sox have two good LH starters and the Indians dont hit as well against lefties. But that may be mitigated a bit, since Zimmer and Brantley are probably out for the ALCS round. Chisenhall cant stay healthy and Kipnis just returned and looks terrible at the plate. Austin Jackson is having a career year, but the rest of the potential replacements for all those LH hitters are inferior. Bruce is really hitting well, but he is a defensive liability in RF, IMO.

The Indians also have big advantages in playoff experience and are much better defensively. The Red Sox make a lot of errors. I look for Boston's defense to give away one game, in some fashion.

Tito is a much better manager than Farrell, IMO. Though, I cant figure out this experiment with Kipnis in center. The only thing I can conclude is that he doesnt want Kipnis in left, if they have to play Boston in Fenway. The Wall is not something you learn quickly. Jackson probably has more experience against it, though I dont know that for sure. Guyer has very little, too. Allen is too good a CF to even consider playing out there. Or maybe Kipnis' injury is not suited to playing 2nd. Or possibly he is really happy with what he sees with Ramirez at 2nd. It's one of those reasons.

Pedroia is really important in the Boston lineup, but who knows if he will be healthy. They also need Nunez at 3rd, BADLY. Devers is proving to be a terrible defensive liability, though he still is hitting credibly.

This series might boil down to how the rotations go;  coming out of the ALDS matchups. If Sale can only pitch twice in the series, big advantage Cleveland.

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If you seriously still call houston the lastros, and spell it with caps, to try and make your usual trolling posts, you obviously didnt get laid once during your aw.com sabattical.

Calling the Astros the Lastros was funny when they sucked.  They are not one of the best teams in the MLB.  It is stupid to say it now.