• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would Yanks want Twins or Angels?

Torridd

I'm sure the Yanks don't want to throw any games, but their playoff partner is now in their hands. If they play poorly, it will make the Halos job increasingly difficult. However, if they sweep the Twins, the odds are we will pick up at least 1 game. Personally, I think the Angels will win at least 6 of their last 10 games.

2 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I'm sure the Yanks don't want to throw any games, but their playoff partner is now in their hands. If they play poorly, it will make the Halos job increasingly difficult. However, if they sweep the Twins, the odds are we will pick up at least 1 game. Personally, I think the Angels will win at least 6 of their last 10 games.

The Yankees want to catch Boston. It's in their DNA.

6 minutes ago, Calzone said:

The Yankees want to catch Boston. It's in their DNA.

Yeah, this... they are only 3 back, its far from over but if they lay down for the Twins it will be.   Bos has Bal, Tor, Cin, and a season ending series with Hou left so the Yanks dont control their own destiny for anything other than the WC.  
It leaves a poor taste in my mouth but for the next 3 days im a Yanks fan.   Then again as much as i hate the chowds i guess i ma for the duration.  
Ill give NY credit i thought they were possibly going to fall completely out of it, but they got up and got back in strong. 

20 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Just wondering, in the event that the Yankees and Red Sox finish tied for the division title, will they look at head-to-head or make them play a one-game tiebreaker?

One game tiebreaker when tied for division title or second wildcard spot.

Tiebreaker rules are used for homefield advantage and seeding purposes when division winners have the same record or there is a tie for the 1st wildcard spot.

Their lineup has pesky young hitters though.   Seems like Escobar, Polanco, Rosario, and Buxton are all coming through time after time.   At least it seems that way.

Buxton has especially been stupid good since the ASB (.968 OPS), after putting up a wretched .594 OPS before it.   Now people are seeing why he was once as good of a MLB prospect as there was 3-4 years ago.

And they don't even have their best young hitter, Sano (DL'd for the past month).

6 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

The Twins roster is incredibly mediocre

I'm not saying the Angels are very good, but when 2017 Joe Mauer and Brian Dozier are by far your best hitters, you aren't all that intimidating.

Buxton is a good ball player, Sano is probably their best hitter.  Also I think you are underestimating Mauer a bit.  If we had them in a one game playoff and the bases were loaded with two outs, the very last guy on their team I would want batting is Joe Mauer. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Buxton is a good ball player, Sano is probably their best hitter.  Also I think you are underestimating Mauer a bit.  If we had them in a one game playoff and the bases were loaded with two outs, the very last guy on their team I would want batting is Joe Mauer. 

I agree Mauer is a good hitter but that's not really my point. My point is they lack any stars on their entire team. Sano, the closest thing they have to a star hitter, has been out for awhile now and I'm not sure what his timetable is.

Upton would be their best player, and he's probably only our 3rd best player

The major difference comes down to Santana, Berrios, and lately Gibson coming up big for them in the rotation; while the Halos have thrown a ton of starters at the opposition.

Bridwell, GRich, and Skaggs have come up big recently though.     If only Heaney could get healthy, and NoStuffCo revert to his September 2016 pitching success.

Any word on Heaney?

Since they've historically owned the Twins in the post-season and struggled with the Angels, I think they would want the Twins. However, if the Twins are still hitting they way they have been the last month, and Trout's still hitting the way he has been the last month, who knows?

1 hour ago, ksangel said:

The only AL team I wouldn't want to face in a one game playoff is Boston in Boston with Sale on the mount...game/season over.

I'd agree that Yanks would rather face Santana - just saw him last night - rather than Richards who could shut them down the way he's pitching.

Images of 1995 AL West one game playoff come to mind.