• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols hitting behind Trout

nate

As a mea culpa I would admit that Scioscia seems to be having a better year than in years past, he has a roster that is more to his style which is good.

The one thing that baffles me is that he continues to hit Pujols behind Trout.  Pujols has been absolutely awful and IMO shouldn't even be in the lineup, but if he is it should be at the bottom.

I have noticed later in games in high leverage positions when Trout is up, he is rarely getting anything to hit, and why would anyone pitch to him when the equivalent of a NL pitcher is hitting behind him.  

If the Angels make the playoffs then I would think it would be almost every at bat.

5 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Before the mods come in and say this should have been posted in one of the other Pujols sucks threads let me just say that I think every time Pujols is penciled in behind Trout a new Pujols thread should be allowed to be started.

That's called the game day thread. 

In 2009, Gary Matthews Jr. put up an 85 OPS+, a -0.1 WAR, and was healthy enough to play an outfield position most games. This performance was deemed so bad that Arte traded him to the Mets for virtually nothing.

In 2017, Pujols has a 74 OPS+, a -1.7 WAR, and isn't healthy enough to even play first base  (which is frankly pathetic; I played first in high school - it requires almost no physical exertion). This performance is deemed good enough to keep him batting third or fourth every single day.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, Troll Daddy said:

I'm cool with Pujols batting DH but I also think he shouldn't be batting behind Trout .... especially since Trout is now batting second. 

The problem you are forgetting we really dont have 3 or 4 hiitter if trout is in the 2 hole!  Go get stanton and that changes our batting order.