• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Scioscia has lost his mind Vol 897 - Angels vs. Nats 8/15

Chuck

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Interesting. I just hate the yo-yo game with the young guys and Cron should be in as much as possible, but Pujols.

Yea, I would start Cron, but he will probably get the start tomorrow considering I believe it is a day game.  They have both been hitting of late.  

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That is a stupid comparison, but it made me laugh.  I am sure the difference between Trout and Revere is similar to the difference between Cowart and Penny.  

It wasn't meant to be a smart comparison. lol. I'm just say saying that giving reasons why Cowart is a better option off the bench are also reasons why he is a better option in the starting lineup.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

It wasn't meant to be a smart comparison. lol. I'm just say saying that giving reasons why Cowart is a better option off the bench are also reasons why he is a better option in the starting lineup.

No not really.  If he is starting then he can't be used to hit for the pitcher.  If he is starting he can't be pinch ran for anyone late in the game.  Also, if Cron pinch hits for Pennington late in the game, you can have Cowart go play 2nd base.  I say all this, and I would still start Cowart, but it isn't like Pennington has been playing poorly of late.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No not really.  If he is starting then he can't be used to hit for the pitcher.  If he is starting he can't be pinch ran for anyone late in the game.  Also, if Cron pinch hits for Pennington late in the game, you can have Cowart go play 2nd base.  I say all this, and I would still start Cowart, but it isn't like Pennington has been playing poorly of late.  

He's a better pinch hitter than Pennington because he is a better hitter. He's a better pinch runner than Pennington because he is a better baserunner. He does't need Cron to pinch hit for him. All these things are made more valuable by being in the starting lineup. That said you are probably absolutely right in guessing Scioscia's thinking here.

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He's a better pinch hitter than Pennington because he is a better hitter. He's a better pinch runner than Pennington because he is a better baserunner. He does't need Cron to pinch hit for him. All these things are made more valuable by being in the starting lineup. That said you are probably absolutely right in guessing Scioscia's thinking here.

^

50 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Skaggs hitting 8th, how often has a Halos pitcher batted 8th?   Granted, MLB teams are increasingly having their pitcher bat 8th.  

Heck, Shohei Otani could likely bat cleanup for this team, and it'd be an improvement. 

Pitcher hitting 8th.

Costume themed road trips.

Scioscia is trying really hard to be cool, like Joe Maddon.

1 minute ago, slump dog said:

Thank God 2018 is just around the corner.

He lucked out in 2002,most of the guys were already on the team or in Halos farm.

David Eckstein was brought in by Stoneman ,who got so impressed watching Eck hit in Boston's farm then,that he made sure we get David ASAP.

Maybe we shoud get Terry Collins to assemble another winning squad,before we invite Scioscia to take over again...

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this but you truly have no idea what you're talking about.  

6 minutes ago, slump dog said:

Thank God 2018 is just around the corner.

He lucked out in 2002,most of the guys were already on the team or in Halos farm.

David Eckstein was brought in by Stoneman ,who got so impressed watching Eck hit in Boston's farm then,that he made sure we get David ASAP.

Maybe we shoud get Terry Collins to assemble another winning squad,before we invite Scioscia to take over again...

Good Lord, Terry Collins?!  I'd rather sign Scioscia to an extension...

43 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Imagine if his team had the Cubs talent.  He could be just like him.  

Right...If Scioscia had Cubs level talent to manage...half of them would be sitting on the bench wondering WTF.

That's why the Cubs org lured Joe Maddon out of his contract, not Scioscia.

Just now, slump dog said:

Collins took his new team to NLCS in 2015 and has a competitive team at that.

Did Scioscia do anything in 2014 other than getting lucky with the phoney 95 wins,thanks to the sickling Rangers that year.

GM s generally do conference with top coaches before additions.

Mr.Stoneman is on the books from OCR interview that he wont acquire major piece ,before checking with Scioscia & Co.

Actually it was "phoney" 98 wins...let's keep the delusions straight here.