• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2017 Angels Trade Deadline Thread

DMVol

2 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I want the Angels to turn the tables and trade one veteran for three prospects.

I'll be surprised if this happens for anything more than fringe grade C prospects.

Brilliant idea.

Now which veteran do we trade that can net us 3 prospects?

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

oh stop with the martyr bullshit, jesus christ man...

Those type of deals usually don't happen at this time of year, especially when you have a team like the Halos trying to stay under the luxury tax or in proximity thereof. If the Marlins are looking to dump salary now, they'll most likely be willing to do it in the offseason. Or, they can pick him off waivers after the July deadline passes. Point being a deal to take on 30 million in payroll won't be done in a vacuum and most likely would be tied to other club moves, and that type of stuff is usually done in the offseason.

lol @ martyr comment, just lol.  This board would bitch at getting jesus christ at league minimum for 2 fringe relievers, and you know it.  
Usually, typically, normally... thinking outside the box isnt your strong suit i take it?  

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Luis Madero?

I know relievers ain't fetching much back in return?

But Madero?   A guy who struggles some in rookie ball??? 

Hey, Eppler did alright finding Jesus Castillo last year. And his track record for pitching has been fine.

This is about what I expected. 

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

lol @ martyr comment, just lol.  This board would bitch at getting jesus christ at league minimum for 2 fringe relievers, and you know it.  
Usually, typically, normally... thinking outside the box isnt your strong suit i take it?  

Stop getting your panties in a friggen wad everytime someone doesn't slob your nob over an idea.

There's a reason why "outside the box" thinking is outside the box in some cases. If you don't want to read/listen to why such a deal is unlikely at the July deadline...ok, that's your gig man...but stop thinking it's some sort of board conspiracy against your unacknowledged brilliance.