• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2017 Angels Trade Deadline Thread

DMVol

17 hours ago, totdprods said:

If they can get any org's #15-30 prospect for any one of them, or a Top 15 for two of them, they need to pull the trigger.

Guerra and Paredes are killing it in AAA and guy still like Scribner, Morin, Alvarez, Pounders, and Magnifico can get an extended shot to end the year to determine their value going forward.

Morin has proven his value-strictly AAA quality. Pounders and Alvarez are in the same category, to me that leaves the other two to show what they have. The Angels need to address the absence of a lefty in the pen for next season.

Just now, Bob Trop said:

Morin has proven his value-strictly AAA quality. Pounders and Alvarez are in the same category, to me that leaves the other two to show what they have. The Angels need to address the absence of a lefty in the pen for next season.

Being that both Morin and Alvarez will be out of options (I think) next year, it's likely this is their last chance to prove anything. Once the vet RPs get dealt (be it now or in August) we may as well give them one last look with their back to wall and see if they show any reason to bring them into ST next year. Especially when so much of the pen will turn over this offseason anyways. 

What an incredible job by the White Sox to rebuild. Will be fascinating to see how their farm coalesces in coming years.

Everyone in bold was acquired in the past year or so.

Their Top 30 Prospects via MLB:
1. Yoan Moncada - acquired in Sale trade, #1 prospect in MLB
2. Eloy Jimenez - acquired in Quintana trade, #7 prospect in MLB
3. Michael Kopech - acquired in Sale trade, #12 prospect in MLB
4. Luis Robert - signed int'l FA in May '17, #26 prospect in MLB
5. Blake Rutherford - acquired in NYY trade, #45 prospect in MLB
6. Reynaldo Lopez - acquired in Eaton trade, #59 prospect in MLB
7. Lucas Giolito - acquired in Eaton trade, #60 prospect in MLB
8. Dylan Cease - acquired in Quintana trade, #67 prospect in MLB

9. Alec Hansen - drafted in '16
10. Zack Collins - drafted in '16, #5 catching prospect in MLB
11. Dane Dunning - acquired in Quintana trade

12. Carson Fulmer - drafted in '15
13. Jake Burger - drafted in '17
14. Casey Gillaspie - acquired in Jennings trade
15. Zack Burdi - drafted in '16

16. Spencer Adams - drafted in '14
17. Micker Adolfo - signed int'l FA '13
18. Gavin Sheets - drafted in '17
19. Ryan Cordell - acquired in Swarzak trade
20. Luis Alexander Basabe - acquired in Sale trade

21. Jordan Stephens - drafted in '15
22. Charlie Tilson - acquired in Duke trade '16
23. Jordan Guerrero - drafted in '12
24. Ian Clarkin - acquired in NYY trade
25. Evan Skoug - drafted in '17
26. Jameson Fisher - drafted in '16
27. Alex Call - drafted in '16

28. Aaron Bummer - drafted in '14
29. Amado Nunez - signed int'l FA in '14
30. Luis Martinez - signed int'l FA in '11

Recently acquired A.J. Puckett (#13, KCR) is likely to slot in there as well.

Considering how this team on paper should not be anywhere near competing, it makes me think that the improved defense really has been the difference. Simmons and Maldonado have been unreal and it seems like they save at least a run a game between them. How about trading for Kevin Pillar and moving Trout to left?

It would give us the best defensive players in the game at their respective positions up the middle in Maldonado, Simmons, Pillar and I believe Trout would probably be better suited in left anyway. It would solve our outfield problem for the foreseeable future and allow us to bring in offense at either 2b or 3b next year with Cowart covering the other spot. No idea what it would take, but this lineup wouldn't be bad next year and we'd have the best defense in the league. 

1. Calhoun RF

2. Trout LF

3. Pujols DH

4. Mous 3b/ Neil Walker 2b

5. Simmons SS

6. Cron/ Valbuena 1b

7. Cowart 3b/2b

8. Maldonado C

9. Pillar CF

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

...what?

Hopefully there will be no "what".

If the Angels get at least two ML ready prospects in return, this is acceptable, but at least in terms of quantity, I expect the Angels  to give more than they receive.

I have been conditioned to think this way after nearly 50 years

Eppier needs to go out and prove me wrong.

If it was Dipoto, i would assume a reliever plus three top 10 prospects for one veteran

14 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

Considering how this team on paper should not be anywhere near competing, it makes me think that the improved defense really has been the difference. Simmons and Maldonado have been unreal and it seems like they save at least a run a game between them. How about trading for Kevin Pillar and moving Trout to left?

It would give us the best defensive players in the game at their respective positions up the middle in Maldonado, Simmons, Pillar and I believe Trout would probably be better suited in left anyway. It would solve our outfield problem for the foreseeable future and allow us to bring in offense at either 2b or 3b next year with Cowart covering the other spot. No idea what it would take, but this lineup wouldn't be bad next year and we'd have the best defense in the league. 

1. Calhoun RF

2. Trout LF

3. Pujols DH

4. Mous 3b/ Neil Walker 2b

5. Simmons SS

6. Cron/ Valbuena 1b

7. Cowart 3b/2b

8. Maldonado C

9. Pillar CF

No way Toronto trades Pillar unless we're giving up some actual value. Pillar is under contract for cheap for a couple more years on a team that has some bad contracts.

Plus the city loves him. 

1 minute ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Hopefully there will be no "what".

If the Angels get at least two ML ready prospects in return, this is acceptable, but at least in terms of quantity, I expect the Angels  to give more than they receive.

I have been conditioned to think this way after nearly 50 years

Eppier needs to go out and prove me wrong.

Eppler has acquired half of our Top 30 prospects and added pseudo-prospects in the form of Meyer, Bridwell, and Ramirez and a 5 WAR shortstop all while basically giving up just one prospect that meant anything in Newcomb.

59 minutes ago, totdprods said:

What an incredible job by the White Sox to rebuild. Will be fascinating to see how their farm coalesces in coming years.

Everyone in bold was acquired in the past year or so.

Their Top 30 Prospects via MLB:
1. Yoan Moncada - acquired in Sale trade, #1 prospect in MLB
2. Eloy Jimenez - acquired in Quintana trade, #7 prospect in MLB
3. Michael Kopech - acquired in Sale trade, #12 prospect in MLB
4. Luis Robert - signed int'l FA in May '17, #26 prospect in MLB
5. Blake Rutherford - acquired in NYY trade, #45 prospect in MLB
6. Reynaldo Lopez - acquired in Eaton trade, #59 prospect in MLB
7. Lucas Giolito - acquired in Eaton trade, #60 prospect in MLB
8. Dylan Cease - acquired in Quintana trade, #67 prospect in MLB

9. Alec Hansen - drafted in '16
10. Zack Collins - drafted in '16, #5 catching prospect in MLB
11. Dane Dunning - acquired in Quintana trade

12. Carson Fulmer - drafted in '15
13. Jake Burger - drafted in '17
14. Casey Gillaspie - acquired in Jennings trade
15. Zack Burdi - drafted in '16

16. Spencer Adams - drafted in '14
17. Micker Adolfo - signed int'l FA '13
18. Gavin Sheets - drafted in '17
19. Ryan Cordell - acquired in Swarzak trade
20. Luis Alexander Basabe - acquired in Sale trade

21. Jordan Stephens - drafted in '15
22. Charlie Tilson - acquired in Duke trade '16
23. Jordan Guerrero - drafted in '12
24. Ian Clarkin - acquired in NYY trade
25. Evan Skoug - drafted in '17
26. Jameson Fisher - drafted in '16
27. Alex Call - drafted in '16

28. Aaron Bummer - drafted in '14
29. Amado Nunez - signed int'l FA in '14
30. Luis Martinez - signed int'l FA in '11

Recently acquired A.J. Puckett (#13, KCR) is likely to slot in there as well.

They've still got Jose Abreu who is 30 and has 2 years of club control.  

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Eppler has acquired half of our Top 30 prospects and added pseudo-prospects in the form of Meyer, Bridwell, and Ramirez and a 5 WAR shortstop all while basically giving up just one prospect that meant anything in Newcomb.

Eppier has a great eye for young pitching talent and has not made any blunders that I can recall, which is a good sign, but let us hope that he is does not see these guys as primarily trading chips 

I  want to see trades where the Angels get more youth than they give up.  These are very rare over the last 50 years.

20 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

No way Toronto trades Pillar unless we're giving up some actual value. Pillar is under contract for cheap for a couple more years on a team that has some bad contracts.

Plus the city loves him. 

Yeah I'm not saying he'd be cheap. Probably a scaled down version of what we gave up for Simmons.

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

Ben Revere's last 20 games:

Capture.PNG

He did very well for the Jays when they acquired him for their playoff run. I know he has next to no value but just saying.

I think he hit over .300 for them and then over .300 in divisional round before going cold in ALCS

6 minutes ago, ettin said:

I should also note that all of Revere's damage has happened against RHP (wRC+ 142) which he has destroyed. Against lefties he has been absolutely abysmal. Truly a platoon 4th OF but a good one over that sample size.

I'd still rather have him facing a LHP than Robinson....

3 minutes ago, hen3ry said:

Nah, Norris still has value.  Closers occasionally blow a game - Norris comes pre-blown!   What are the odds that he does it again down the stretch?    (if he's traded, 0.0.  if he's not, 1.0)

hen3ry has a point here. The average in MLB is about one grand slam every 18 games. The odds of the same relief pitcher giving up 2 in one year must be pretty high, I imagine on the order of 1 in thousands, if not 1 in tens of thousands. Norris doesn't strike me (or anyone else) as a record-chaser :D

I was actually using D&D gamer logic.  The old superstition of rolling your d20s till you roll all the 1s (epic fails) out of them.  'cause the odds of rolling 1 on a d20 twice in a row are 1 in 400!  Alas, statistics dont work like that, but emotion sometimes does!

1 hour ago, hen3ry said:

I was actually using D&D gamer logic.  The old superstition of rolling your d20s till you roll all the 1s (epic fails) out of them.  'cause the odds of rolling 1 on a d20 twice in a row are 1 in 400!  Alas, statistics dont work like that, but emotion sometimes does!

I always preferred the d4's, d8's, and d12's myself bur d20's were fun too!