• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2017 Angels Trade Deadline Thread

DMVol

The next three days figure to be full of rumors and trades both around the league and for the Angels. Figured it was as good a time as any to create a separate thread to track the latest.

From MLB Trade Rumors:

If they can get any org's #15-30 prospect for any one of them, or a Top 15 for two of them, they need to pull the trigger.

Guerra and Paredes are killing it in AAA and guy still like Scribner, Morin, Alvarez, Pounders, and Magnifico can get an extended shot to end the year to determine their value going forward.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Package them all for Arenado and Chatwood and

I know you ain't for reelz, but we could complete half a teams pen in one fell swoop and make it very good.  

The Nats farm system sucks outside of their top 3 and we aren't getting any of those guys.  

The Rays have a really good system and need pen help.  

Whatever we get, I hope it's some position player depth.  

36 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

.....Whatever we get, I hope it's some position player depth.  

I just hope the report is accurate....I get the downside---you don't want to lose the clubhouse, since we're hanging on in the wildcard race...but, it's time to rebuild, at least to the extent that we can with Norris, Hernandez, Petit and Parker....call it a reload if Eppler doesn't want to call it a rebuild....

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I like Jake Bauers from the Rays org.  OF/1b but he found his way into the top 100 this year so there isn't much of a chance unless we gave something back in addition to a couple of our relievers.  

He's been a disappointment this year in AAA. Pass.

47 minutes ago, totdprods said:

If they can get any org's #15-30 prospect for any one of them, or a Top 15 for two of them, they need to pull the trigger.

Guerra and Paredes are killing it in AAA and guy still like Scribner, Morin, Alvarez, Pounders, and Magnifico can get an extended shot to end the year to determine their value going forward.

Which is why this may not be a full sell-off (i.e. Maybin, Escobar stay). Use those three as currency and call up the other relievers.

Pounders is nearly a Petit clone to be honest except for the extra HR"s he's given up. Other than that they both get RHH's out really well. Guerra is more similar to Hernandez (control guys). Bedrosian and Middleton can make up for Norris.

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's been a disappointment this year in AAA. Pass.

He's 21, in AAA nearly 6 years below the league average and posted an OPS of .775.    To be honest, the only shot the Angels would have to get a guy like him would be if he had a disappointing year and I don't believe he's disappointed at all.   Underwhelming numbers for a RFer maybe -- but for a guy his age he's held his own and then some..   Well. IMO anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I know you ain't for reelz, but we could complete half a teams pen in one fell swoop and make it very good.  

The Nats farm system sucks outside of their top 3 and we aren't getting any of those guys.  

The Rays have a really good system and need pen help.  

Whatever we get, I hope it's some position player depth.  

The Nats might need a catcher though, so I wonder if we could send them 3 relievers and Carlos Perez for Fedde. Probably not.

A more realistic scenario would be to send a couple relievers to the Rays for 1B prospect Connor Gillaspie and Daniel Robertson.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

The Nats might need a catcher though, so I wonder if we could send them 3 relievers and Carlos Perez for Fedde. Probably not.

A more realistic scenario would be to send a couple relievers to the Rays for 1B prospect Connor Gillaspie and Daniel Robertson.

Rays already traded Gillaspie for Dan Jennings.