• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 7/18: Bryce Harper @ Mike Trout

m0nkey

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Dusty Baker is the best manager in baseball. :P

Yeah, now that his kids are grown he can devote full time to the game instead of rounding up wanderers.  I want to know how many toothpicks he eats a year.  I'm surprised his skin hasn't turned into bark.

25 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Let Richards pitch. If he suffers more twinges and exits again, then be done with him. If he has a few starts and his arm doesn't fall off, well, then you have the entire offseason to put off making any decisions.

If he dies, you will be an accomplice.  See you in court.

Man, bittersweet game to be at tonight.  My boys got to do the play ball announcement which was a hell of an experience.  Then Trout's answer to Harper's shot had the crowd rocking like I hadn't heard in a long time.  But it sure sucked to see Maybin go down like that, and of course to see our offense so quiet most of the game sure stunk.  And someone needs to either shave Harper's head or buy him a chin strap.  I counted 5 hair flips after that triple.  It was douchetacular.

2 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Man, bittersweet game to be at tonight.  My boys got to do the play ball announcement which was a hell of an experience.  Then Trout's answer to Harper's shot had the crowd rocking like I hadn't heard in a long time.  But it sure sucked to see Maybin go down like that, and of course to see our offense so quiet most of the game sure stunk.  And someone needs to either shave Harper's head or buy him a chin strap.  I counted 5 hair flips after that triple.  It was douchetacular.

Hair flips are the heat right now.  At least you and your boys had a spectacular start to the game.

4 hours ago, CALZONE said:

His injury is kinda strange. I would rather have them all ease off and heal up but do some winter work before spring. I don't want to see any setbacks in meaningless games. 

No they need to know their ready are close to ready before sitting for 3 months. Waiting until spring didn't work so well last year. Both Richards and Skaggs couldn't get past one game after resting up until Spring.

7 hours ago, failos said:

Time to ship Middleton's ass back to AAA or wherever the hell he came from.

The problem is not Middleton.  I have no problem with him or Bedrosian continuing to pitch in high leverage situations.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I can tell you that those two were certainly the problem last night.  

They are both young and still learning.  Both have displayed outstanding performances during this season.  You can not expect both of them to "win" every at bat.  There are at least three everyday players who can be singled out as contributing to multiple Angels losses.

At this time, keep the kids playing.

9 minutes ago, eligrba said:

They are both young and still learning.  Both have displayed outstanding performances during this season.  You can not expect both of them to "win" every at bat.  There are at least three everyday players who can be singled out as contributing to multiple Angels losses.

At this time, keep the kids playing.

Exactly! They had one bad game, while others who will remain unnamed struggle night after night to make contact with the baseball coming out of the pitcher's hand. That's the ongoing problem here.

But the platoons! Can't buck the platoon, no sir. And that Hall of Famer bats cleanup, that's a given. No changes to the lineup. Guys are scuffling. Yeah, it's been four months, but we're still in the wild card hunt (with nine other teams, but who cares about reality).

Bring up Cowart. Free Cron. Bench Valbuena. Knock Pujols down a couple spots. Please!

Edited by fan_since79

We literally have one platoon.  We no longer see a platoon at catcher we've seen in the past, why because we got a good catcher.  While I prefer Cron as our 1st baseman it's not like it's some slam dunk.  Neither are all that good.  This isn't Napoli and Mathis.  This is Mathis and Sal Fasano.  Sure move Albert down to 5 or 6 or 7, or 8 he'll even 9th.  You'll have a bunch of guys batting in front of him that don't deserve their spot just like they don't deserve their spot now.  With Maybin injury we can go with this:

Escobar

Kole (batting .241)

Trout

Simmons

Maldonado (batting .244)

Cron (batting .220)

Albert (.241)

Franklin (.100)

Revere (.229)

Print those playoff tickets. 

19 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Haha, Scioscia wouldn't move Albert down to the 7th spot in a million years.

But bring up Cowart and sit Franklin down. I would do that today.

Simmons is a good choice (or the least bad choice) at cleanup. He can actually hit, imagine that!

Of course not, but when you look at that team it really truly doesn't matter.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

We literally have one platoon.  We no longer see a platoon at catcher we've seen in the past, why because we got a good catcher.  While I prefer Cron as our 1st baseman it's not like it's some slam dunk.  Neither are all that good.  This isn't Napoli and Mathis.  This is Mathis and Sal Fasano.  Sure move Albert down to 5 or 6 or 7, or 8 he'll even 9th.  You'll have a bunch of guys batting in front of him that don't deserve their spot just like they don't deserve their spot now.  With Maybin injury we can go with this:

Escobar

Kole (batting .241)

Trout

Simmons

Maldonado (batting .244)

Cron (batting .220)

Albert (.241)

Franklin (.100)

Revere (.229)

Print those playoff tickets. 

I don't agree on the batting order but I do agree Pujols needs to be batting 6th or 7th