• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aaron Judge???

12 hours ago, Lou said:

I had no idea it was on 

Yeah the promotion of that event was non-existent. I didn't know until I saw a news bite on Twitter about who was ahead of who. Terrible marketing MLB just sucks at promoting the sport.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

Yeah the promotion of that event was non-existent. I didn't know until I saw a news bite on Twitter about who was ahead of who. Terrible marketing MLB just sucks at promoting the sport.

Hasn't the homerun derby been televised on the monday before the All Star game for like 50 years?

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hasn't the homerun derby been televised on the monday before the All Star game for like 50 years?

Yes and I still haven't seen or heard a promotion about the All-Star game either. I'm telling you I only know it is sort of close because I follow so many baseball writers on Twitter and because of AW.com.

Baseball has to do a better job. Anyone who is not a hardcore baseball fan isn't as tuned in. Just the way I see it ALF. Baseball does not promote the sport the way it should. They could do so much better IMHO.

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

Yes and I still haven't seen or heard a promotion about the All-Star game either. I'm telling you I only know it is sort of close because I follow so many baseball writers on Twitter and because of AW.com.

Baseball has to do a better job. Anyone who is not a hardcore baseball fan isn't as tuned in. Just the way I see it ALF. Baseball does not promote the sport the way it should. They could do so much better IMHO.

If you watch the Angel games there are promos for it all the time.

When the Lakers are playing like crap and I don't tune in I miss the NBA All Star Game as well. Also only God knows when the Pro Bowl is on. Hockey has an All Star Game too right?

32 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You just move the fences back and you get more triples.

That's right. That's how Babe Ruth was able to get 136 triples in his career. Many parks had center fields that went 450-480 feet.

The active leader right now is Jose Reyes with 125, and next in line is Ichiro with 96.

27 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If you watch the Angel games there are promos for it all the time.

When the Lakers are playing like crap and I don't tune in I miss the NBA All Star Game as well. Also only God knows when the Pro Bowl is on. Hockey has an All Star Game too right?

Wait are you saying I'm not watching Angels games? Are you implying I am a fair weather fan? :D

2 hours ago, Tank said:

pronouncing your screen name makes me feel like i'm stuttering.

It's pronounced "barcode"

Judge will always hit his share of home runs but pitchers will surely find some holes in a strike zone that big. Bellinger reminds me of Adam LaRoche. Maybe a little more potential as an all around player

On 7/10/2017 at 4:49 PM, JustATroutFan said:

Must be the most luckiest 12 scoreless starts ever. And it would not surprise me if only a few of those starts were because the pitchers went deep into games.

Anyone can have at least one good game. Nolasco lost 7 straight games and came back and thru 6.1 scoreless innings for a 4-0 win against the Dodgers. He followed that with a complete game 3 hit shut out against the Mariners. He then gave up 8 ER in 1.2 innings against the BoSox. Shit happens

On 7/10/2017 at 6:41 PM, krAbs said:

Him at the derby has been down right terrifying. I never remember a feeling like that watching a player hit. He was pounding the sides of the dome with home runs. It wasn't just the number - he just smashed every single one of them. That was something else.

The one that hit the roof that didn't count would have left the stadium if the roof was open.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, Dochalo said:

that's one of the most impressive display's of hitting i've ever seen.  It looked like he was fouling off infield popups that were getting out. It wasn't just the 500+ ft hrs but some of those oppo shots.  

He hit 14 opposite field HRs, the rest of the player hit 2 in total.

Just now, Homebrewer said:

mlbf_1045738883_th_45.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3qKG_ZOJbRY7Ts4FXrOz

Dude you of all people know exactly what I mean.  You once popped a boner because some old A's pitcher was sitting behind the dugout of an Angel game I went too.  I like stats, not as much as some, but a home run derby spray chart is balls.