• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cowart Recalled

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

As happy as I am for Cowart, I think it's a pretty big mistake to go with him rather than moving Valbuena over to third and playing Cron everyday at 1st.

I think this may be their way of giving him one last look while he's full of confidence and on a hot streak.   For a long time it's seemed like they didn't really value him, nor did it seem he would get another real opportunity other than maybe a Sept call up.   I think they know what they have with Cron, and I think they know he will hit when he gets regular at bats...  but Cowart may have grown into a curiosity for them.    I dunno.  wishful thinking maybe.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think this may be their way of giving him one last look while he's full of confidence and on a hot streak.   For a long time it's seemed like they didn't really value him, nor did it seem he would get another real opportunity other than maybe a Sept call up.

He had a pretty good look last year....needed to do more than he did....he needs to grab this one and run with it....

51 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Cron would be the first to tell you there's a world of difference between there and here.

@Angelsjunky There absolutely is a world of difference, but it's funny to see people on here trying to ship out the guy who has destroyed AAA while calling for the guy who has done merely OK there.

It should also be noted that AAA is the only place where both guys have gotten consistent playing time.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

@Angelsjunky There absolutely is a world of difference, but it's funny to see people on here trying to ship out the guy who has destroyed AAA while calling for the guy who has done merely OK there.

It should also be noted that AAA is the only place where both guys have gotten consistent playing time.

Well Cron has one skill set, offense.  He has worked himself into being a passable average defensive first baseman.  That being said he is a bat first player with no other plus skill.  Cowart is a plus plus defensive 3rd baseman.  He runs the bases well.  However offensively we don't know what he is.  He has had less than 200 at bats at the big league level.  He hasn't shown the ability to walk at the big league level, then again, neither has Cron.  So if Cron isn't hitting he is basically useless.  Where as if Cowart doesn't hit he still gives you a great glove.  

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well Cron has one skill set, offense.  He has worked himself into being a passable average defensive first baseman.  That being said he is a bat first player with no other plus skill.  Cowart is a plus plus defensive 3rd baseman.  He runs the bases well.  However offensively we don't know what he is.  He has had less than 200 at bats at the big league level.  He hasn't shown the ability to walk at the big league level, then again, neither has Cron.  So if Cron isn't hitting he is basically useless.  Where as if Cowart doesn't hit he still gives you a great glove.  

Agreed. Cowart's ability to play third base well is why he is on the team right now. That said I think you are bringing a little more nuance to the discussion than there is in the currant narrative on this board. Most people are dreaming on Cowart's MiLB line while only looking at Cron's ~120 MLB ABs this year. Given CJ's struggles, Cowart's are no surprise.

I'm really hopeful that we see something out of Cowart that we haven't yet, but it's not something that should be expected.

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm curious as to why you are looking at his crotch in the first place.

CPJbwU1WcAEcICF.png

if you don't see balls when you look at that picture, then you're just pretending that you don't see balls. it might make you more gay, generally speaking.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

If Cowart stays up and hits it's not Escobar who needs to worry about getting run out of town, it's the crapfest platooning at second

I agree, and don't forget Cowart can play 1b if needed and could platoon with Valbuena.  If Cowart hits maybe Cron stays down and Espinosa or Pennington get traded or released.  Unlikely but possible.