• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

precedent has been set in the NBA and NFL for restructuring contracts.  The MLBPA has denied such requests in the past.  

in MLB, the most common method is for the player to 'restructure' is to defer money at low or no interest. 

"Duh"

-TrollDaddy

3 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Right now Albert is working his butt off to end the season with the second most HRs on the Halos ahead of Calhoun, Maldonado, and Simmons.

People who really work their butts off for a much worse living might take offense to that. He gets paid $40,000 every time he walks up to the batters box.  At his current batting average he only has to run once per night.  It gets tiresome hearing how hard he is working and how much pain he fights through.  He is very very well compensated for doing very little.  He's lucky.  He was born with a gift you can't teach or work for what he has done otherwise hall of famers  would be everywhere. He's become a singles hitter with no speed that's good for 20-25 homers a year.  

41 minutes ago, thebloob said:

People who really work their butts off for a much worse living might take offense to that. He gets paid $40,000 every time he walks up to the batters box.  At his current batting average he only has to run once per night.  It gets tiresome hearing how hard he is working and how much pain he fights through.  He is very very well compensated for doing very little.  He's lucky.  He was born with a gift you can't teach or work for what he has done otherwise hall of famers  would be everywhere. He's become a singles hitter with no speed that's good for 20-25 homers a year.  

Also, if he slips from being better at his job than 99.9999 percent of the people in the world to being better than 99.9998 percent, then people call him a jerk. 

On 7/5/2017 at 11:03 PM, CALZONE said:

Well as bad as the team has been they certainly do have their dog and pony show in place with Pujols and his milestones. The fans are loving it. 

Yep, this is why he won't be benched. Maybe the Angels can convince him to to take a buyout at the end of the season. But why do that unless they are serious about winning? We see no evidence of that.

13 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Also, if he slips from being better at his job than 99.9999 percent of the people in the world to being better than 99.9998 percent, then people call him a jerk. 

Let me borrow your number to argue with you.  99.9999 percent of people people frustrated with his regression have not called him a jerk.  Noticing the obvious and talking about it isn't calling him a jerk.

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Let me borrow your number to argue with you.  99.9999 percent of people people frustrated with his regression have not called him a jerk.  Noticing the obvious and talking about it isn't calling him a jerk.

Count me in as the 0.0001 guy that knows he's a jerk.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Good god, the money the Angels waste could feed a small third world country.

Between Wells, Hamilton, and Pujols, that's got to be almost half a billion, straight out of Artie's pocket, for basically fuck all.  I'm still fuming about the $3k I blew on an extended warranty 5 years ago.

30 minutes ago, well_red said:

Between Wells, Hamilton, and Pujols, that's got to be almost half a billion, straight out of Artie's pocket, for basically fuck all.  I'm still fuming about the $3k I blew on an extended warranty 5 years ago.

We were planning all of those playoff appearances and championships. "Win now" they said. "We don't rebuild, we just reload" they said. 

fun times

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Count me in as the 0.0001 guy that knows he's a jerk.

More fun with numbers:

My guess is there is a .0001 percent chance he actually is a jerk.  And 99.9999 percent chance you just hate him because you are jealous.

Sports is full of obvious jerks.  I have seen zero evidence Pujols belongs in that club.

I hate his current production.  I fear his future production.  I see the inefficient albatross contract going forward.  But I don't think he is a jerk.  He has given me no reason to think that.

I bet you hate him most on the 1st and 15th of every month.

18 hours ago, Stradling said:

Players union won't allow that in baseball.  

Couldn't he indirectly obtain the same result as opting out by simply donating to the Angels a portion of the money earned from the rest of his contract ?

Of course it won't happen, but this would be a legal way of achieving the same result.

46 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

More fun with numbers:

My guess is there is a .0001 percent chance he actually is a jerk.  And 99.9999 percent chance you just hate him because you are jealous.

Sports is full of obvious jerks.  I have seen zero evidence Pujols belongs in that club.

I hate his current production.  I fear his future production.  I see the inefficient albatross contract going forward.  But I don't think he is a jerk.  He has given me no reason to think that.

I bet you hate him most on the 1st and 15th of every month.

No I've met him and he's a jerk. 

18 hours ago, Dochalo said:

precedent has been set in the NBA and NFL for restructuring contracts.  The MLBPA has denied such requests in the past.  

in MLB, the most common method is for the player to 'restructure' is to defer money at low or no interest. 

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/its-july-1-and-that-means-bobby-bonilla-is-getting-paid-by-the-mets-today/

WTF were the Mets thinking?   $5.9 million due Bonilla in 2001 becomes nearly $1.2 million/year from 2011-2035?