• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Scoscia be let go ??

I'm torn between him being let go and him getting an extension.  I'd like to see a different guy in the dugout, but what we're seeing isn't his fault.  I also would love to see him get a few more years because it brings out the worst in people around here which is funny. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'm torn between him being let go and him getting an extension.  I'd like to see a different guy in the dugout, but what we're seeing isn't his fault.  I also would love to see him get a few more years because it brings out the worst in people around here which is funny. 

It wouldn't matter.  There is always going to be complaints about managers and lots of fans wanting said manager fired.

29 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

It wouldn't matter.  There is always going to be complaints about managers and lots of fans wanting said manager fired.

I Know but for the entire history of this website it's only been Scioscia. I've gotten the sense in the past where the most vocal people on here felt if Scioscia wasn't here they would be more successful. I look forward to that day, just to see what happens. 

A bit off topic but if the Angels were to let Scioscia go after the season, how soon would he get picked up by another team? I think that will be a telling moment for how Angels fans value Scioscia. I think there's a good chance 5-10 teams would be interested in bringing him in as a manager if he were let go. 

As long as Scioscia continues to evolve, and as long as Eppler continues to give him players that match with his philosophy, there really is not a reason to think that someone else would do a better job.

I do think that Scioscia has changed some things about how he approaches the game.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

In fairness to Sosh, this may be the best 42-game managing job in the history of baseball. This team should be 12-30.

This is what i was getting at in my last post. The team being .500 right now with who they have is pretty suprising. Id think if sosh gets blamed for the negative, he should get kudos for the positives (which being .500 with this team is).

That said, its more luck (i hate to say it) that these replacement guys in the rotation and pen have stepped up. I dont think the manager should get credit for that. Its the players, but also the GM who made some savvy moves. 

I think if we give credit to the players and GM for the positives, you cant blame a manager for the negatives.

4 hours ago, Brent Maguire said:

A bit off topic but if the Angels were to let Scioscia go after the season, how soon would he get picked up by another team? I think that will be a telling moment for how Angels fans value Scioscia. I think there's a good chance 5-10 teams would be interested in bringing him in as a manager if he were let go. 

Nationals hired Dusty Baker 

Scioscia will have no problem finding a job with a contending team. 

53 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This is what i was getting at in my last post. The team being .500 right now with who they have is pretty suprising. Id think if sosh gets blamed for the negative, he should get kudos for the positives (which being .500 with this team is).

That said, its more luck (i hate to say it) that these replacement guys in the rotation and pen have stepped up. I dont think the manager should get credit for that. Its the players, but also the GM who made some savvy moves. 

I think if we give credit to the players and GM for the positives, you cant blame a manager for the negatives.

I'm sure you realize that Scioscia controls every aspect of the game on the field.  

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Some people understand that missing the playoffs happen and doesn't always mean there is blame for anyone currently employed.  

How many managers will keep their job if they missed the playoffs 7 out of 8 seasons (if they miss in 2017) ? Not many

only those with ironclad contracts i guess 

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 4:31 PM, CALZONE said:

His contract is done after 2018. He'll end his career here with 75 win season and not give a hoot.

I think it's like Bobby Cox in Atlanta.  He was highly successful in the 90s (although it was actually his second stint managing the Braves).  In the 2000s things stagnated under his leadership, despite trying both the patch-up approach and somewhat of a rebuilding approach.  Sometimes you need a new voice and fresh ideas.  This decade the manager was not as successful despite having more stroke than the GM, than he was his first decade managing.  

My prediction is that after 2018, after 19 years managing, both sides will "mutually agree" to part ways.  I think one reason you don't believe it will happen is because you want it to happen.

16 minutes ago, nando714 said:

How many managers will keep their job if they missed the playoffs 7 out of 8 seasons (if they miss in 2017) ? Not many

only those with ironclad contracts i guess 

You're right, sometimes people are scapegoats. 

Going forward its more on arte and eppler than anything. This org as constructed isnt going anywhere. Theres some guys in the minors with some promise, but we need more of them. Thats epplers job. Arte has to open his wallet. If those two things dont happen, sosh can stay another 10 or quit tomorrow and it wouldnt matter either way.