• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Scoscia be let go ??

14 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Everyone but Trout gets shit on here. 

I think the people "hating" on GA and Howie were a loud vocal minority (lol get it, cuz they're black). I remember one guy would shit on Howie every at bat. Can't recall who that was.

Most of the "GA is lazy" stuff I remember as being mostly satirical. It was basically a meme.

Trout's fat. :D

7 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I believe that we're OK at catcher.

Maldonado is my favorite Angel catcher since Bengie Molina.  He has so many funny and effective mannerisms he's a show unto himself.  He might be the best defensive catcher we ever had.  Eppler did a great job in getting him here.  Sure, I wish he hit with more average, and more power, but he's holding his own right now in that department.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:50 AM, fan_since79 said:

Is it his fault that the last year we won a playoff game was 2009 when Jeff Mathis of all people beat the Yankees with a walk-off double?

Is it his fault that we actually made the playoffs ONCE since then, and were swept out of them quicker than you could blink an eye?

Im not saying keep him, but no. Its not his fault. 2010 and 12 he gets a pass because those two years were basic rebuild after the 2009 core left for FA.

2012 we 'could' blame him for the poor start, but then wed have to 'credit him' for them having rhe best record for 5 of the 6 months that year....i dont think either fit. But in 12 like since then, we havent had a pen (save for 3 months in 14). 

And in 12 and since then, weve had no pitching. Again, im for replacing the guy, but the team as constructed doesnt matter whos managing.

9 hours ago, California Cajun said:

I think the Angels will hire a new manager after Scioscia's contract ends.  Otherwise Arte has lost interest in the team.

If Scioscia hasn't been fired previously, I can see Arte' giving him a 2 or 3 year contract if he wants it. #NotaSothFan

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Lets say this team, as it stands currently, finishes the year with say 85 wins. Does that mean sosh did a good job? With all the injuries and weak roster? Or does it mean eppler did a good job putting a competitive team on the field with a weak farm and tight payroll?

Both?

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Lets say this team, as it stands currently, finishes the year with say 85 wins. Does that mean sosh did a good job? With all the injuries and weak roster? Or does it mean eppler did a good job putting a competitive team on the field with a weak farm and tight payroll?

I guess it's not possible that they both did a good job?

57 minutes ago, nando714 said:

If the team misses the playoffs it's a failure 

that's the way I look at it. 

Some are ok with being mediocre I guess

Some people understand that missing the playoffs happen and doesn't always mean there is blame for anyone currently employed.  

I have to admit I was pretty pissed at Scioscia last night after he called for Espinosa to bunt with the tying run at 2nd and no outs. 

You could tell after his first two bunt attempts he wasn't comfortable bunting and Scioscia stuck with it. If they didn't pull the win out of their asses that would have been a major turning point. 

6 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I have to admit I was pretty pissed at Scioscia last night after he called for Espinosa to bunt with the tying run at 2nd and no outs. 

You could tell after his first two bunt attempts he wasn't comfortable bunting and Scioscia stuck with it. If they didn't pull the win out of their asses that would have been a major turning point. 

It wouldn't have meant anything more than a loss. This season so not at a turning point, the Angels will always be grinding out games this year. No one game or series will determine anything until September.

Look, Espinosa has been a strike out machine all year so getting him to put a piece of wood on the ball is a giant step forward. Most pitchers never attempt the put out at third, it is a high risk play but this time it worked. So what, that is the game and part of the game is both sides take risks and both sides handle the consequences.

You over dramatise the situation.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

It wouldn't have meant anything more than a loss. This season so not at a turning point, the Angels will always be grinding out games this year. No one game or series will determine anything until September.

Look, Espinosa has been a strike out machine all year so getting him to put a piece of wood on the ball is a giant step forward. Most pitchers never attempt the put out at third, it is a high risk play but this time it worked. So what, that is the game and part of the game is both sides take risks and both sides handle the consequences.

You over dramatise the situation.

I meant a turning point of the extra innings not of the season. You're over dramatizing 

3 hours ago, nando714 said:

If the team misses the playoffs it's a failure 

that's the way I look at it. 

Some are ok with being mediocre I guess

I'm not satisfied unless they make it to the ALCS. Anything short of that is disappointing to me.

According to that standard, the team has had three successful seasons since 2000.