• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Early to bed, early to rise

Probably true, but I hate mornings. With a passion. Maybe it's because I grew up in Cali, where as an adult you get up early just to sit in traffic, and that's just about the worst way to start any day. I just don't think humans were put on this planet to do that, it seems so soulless. Or because it reminds me of elementary or high school where you were required to get up every frickin' day 5 days a frickin' week at the same frickin' time and sit still in a place you didn't want to be. Then most of my jobs after school were East of where I lived, so I'd have to stare into the frickin' sun on the way there. I'm also not a fan of coffee, it makes me sweaty and sleepy like most carb-heavy breakfast food (besides eggs, I freakin' love eggs). I only eat breakfast food after a night of drinking (usually at Norms, which is infinitely better than Denny's).  I also don't like being talked to 1-2 hours after I wake up, seriously, don't fuck with me. And there's nothing more annoying than an early morning sweat where you feel sticky the rest of the day.

I'm also of the belief that personally, my body is not built for a 24 hour day, but more like a 30-32 hour day. I can stay up for 22-24 hours no problem, sleep 6-8 hours, and I'm good to go. But surprisingly that doesn't translate to the norms of society or a normal work schedule. And that's why I usually don't have a job with one. 

On the other hand my mother has woken up at 5 am every day of her life to drive from Orange County to El Segundo for the last 30 years of her life, and if it wasn't for her, our family would have been homeless.

51 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't think I've ever heard anyone from California refer to it as Cali. 

Anyone who does deserves to get kicked in the balls...hard...repeatedly...

for days

edit...and because it's a serious pet peeve of mine

Seriously...type the whole word...it's 6 more friggen letters "fornia"...it's not even like they are tough letters to type like a Z or X.

13 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Probably true, but I hate mornings. With a passion.

So do I. I am apparently wired for swing shift. No matter when I have to be up, I am at my best and most alert in the evening, and left on my own without an alarm, I am usually not in bed before midnight (or later) or up before 11 AM. I have worked day shift for the past 12-15 years, and I have never adjusted to it.

i'm a big proponent of quality sleep. 8 hours is perfect, but i'd like to get to a level of 6 and be as energetic. i can do 6 and be fine, but need coffee....granted, even with 8 i still grab a cup first thing in the morning.

but i noticed a huge difference in health and quality of life once i made dietary and lifestyle changes that worked around having quality sleep.

not strangely, but when i dropped a bunch of lbs two prominent things were a lot of water and quality/proper sleep......outside of obviously eating better these really helped.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

not strangely, but when i dropped a bunch of lbs two prominent things were a lot of water and quality/proper sleep......outside of obviously eating better these really helped.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These have become my mantra...eat well...cook for yourself and stay away from anything processed and of course fast food (In N Out once a month is all I allow myself), avoid sugar. LOTS OF WATER, and a solid 7-8 hours a night quality sleep.

These things seem simple to do and really no brainers. It hasn't been a conscious effort that I had to change my lifestyle to do, it's really just common sense.

I'm in my early 60's and nearly everyone I know is suffering from some, or multiple, malaise. They catch every cold or flu going around. The older I get the more I appreciate being well.

I've been getting up at 6am every day to hit the gym before work the last week or so. I've always been a night time gym guy but trying to move to mornings - and it's great having your workout done and not risking missing it because of other obligations that arise in the evening. But it's also wacky needing to make sure you're in bed at a reasonable time. I'm a software dude so vampire schedule is kind of the norm, it's a trip being in bed at 9pm.

The act of getting up sucks, but I love actually being up early. 

19 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

I've been getting up at 6am every day to hit the gym before work the last week or so. I've always been a night time gym guy but trying to move to mornings - and it's great having your workout done and not risking missing it because of other obligations that arise in the evening. But it's also wacky needing to make sure you're in bed at a reasonable time. I'm a software dude so vampire schedule is kind of the norm, it's a trip being in bed at 9pm.

The act of getting up sucks, but I love actually being up early. 

Yeah, a workout is best in the morning to get your metabolism going. Unfortunately I have to be at work at 6 AM so the gym beforehand isn't going to happen.