• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bulldozer joyride at Angel Stadium, influx of homeless prompts Angels to ask for more police

gotbeer

A man stole a nearby bulldozer for a 40-minute joyride around the parking lot, and another person tried to hot-wire the electrical system for the 230-foot-tall “Big A" sign, possibly in an effort to charge a cell phone.

Gnar.

Local news did a story last night of a large homeless "tent city" that went up across the street from a mobile home park in Orange. Major problems, increase in crime and drug dealing, etc. and some residents are arming themselves.

The problem is getting worse in many cities. But I suppose that's for another forum.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Local news did a story last night of a large homeless "tent city" that went up across the street from a mobile home park in Orange. Major problems, increase in crime and drug dealing, etc. and some residents are arming themselves.

The problem is getting worse in many cities. But I suppose that's for another forum.

I suppose you're right

5 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I suppose you're right

I suppose it's somewhat related as it seems some O.C. cities are allowing large numbers of homeless people to set up encampments. That's what the story on the city of Orange was all about. It sprung up almost overnight. I wonder what the situation is in Anaheim.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

I suppose it's somewhat related as it seems some O.C. cities are allowing large numbers of homeless people to set up encampments. That's what the story on the city of Orange was all about. It sprung up almost overnight. I wonder what the situation is in Anaheim.

Considering how dark it gets in the parking lot at night.  Those that park by the Big A, which means all the tailgaters, are going to see some problems this season if it doesn't get solved.  First, you will have people wander into tailgate situations.  But when everyone is at the game, I can see things getting taken. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Time to impose a travel ban on homeless people in America.

It's not just Anaheim as Santa Ana has had some issues: 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-santa-ana-homeless-20160904-snap-story.html 

Some people in the area going to work were harassed, there was feces/needles/trash in the street and the list goes on.  This was 6 months ago and no idea what they've done about it since then but the number of homeless increased across OC last year.  Main street in HB has been hit by it as the number during the day camping out at the beach, near the pier and on main street or neighboring streets has increased.  I know they've had at least one business owner only meeting with the city and police where they wanted to know what was going to be done because it's hurting the businesses down there.  We've seen more walking up and down the major streets or even sleeping near bus stops and it's getting to be an issue when they end up away from those streets and walking by elementary schools.  

13 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

It's not just Anaheim as Santa Ana has had some issues: 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-santa-ana-homeless-20160904-snap-story.html 

Some people in the area going to work were harassed, there was feces/needles/trash in the street and the list goes on.  This was 6 months ago and no idea what they've done about it since then but the number of homeless increased across OC last year.  Main street in HB has been hit by it as the number during the day camping out at the beach, near the pier and on main street or neighboring streets has increased.  I know they've had at least one business owner only meeting with the city and police where they wanted to know what was going to be done because it's hurting the businesses down there.  We've seen more walking up and down the major streets or even sleeping near bus stops and it's getting to be an issue when they end up away from those streets and walking by elementary schools.  

Trash they leave behind is horrible also.  Had one person at the corner of Wilshire and highland.  Their trash was on that corner for about 3 months before the city cleaned it up.  And it wasn't like a few trash bags.  It was like 5 shopping carts, filled with crap, and lots of cardboard and tarps. 

12 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

The main problem is all of the shelters in Orange County are full.  Hopefully they can open some more so the homeless have a place to go.

Not the main reason. The majority of homeless that are on the riverbed and civic center are there by choice...the shelters are structured. They have to be in by a certain time, cant leave after theyre in, and have to arrive sober...most dont like those rules, so they stay outside....

The story about the Big A is kind of funny, but way way more common than you think. We're always getting calls on hobos charging their phones, cutting into pipes to steal copper, using peoples hoses at night to shower, etc etc. 

That riverbed area and the civic center are train wrecks....and they arent going anywhere.

8 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I thought they cleared them out a couple of weeks ago? They had guys with hazmat suits going through there, throwing everything away.

Was that for the riverbed?

I know the county did a big public works project and laid out a bunch of rocks to make it so people couldnt camp there....but only on one side. So the cwmp just moved accross the river to the other side.

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was that for the riverbed?

I know the county did a big public works project and laid out a bunch of rocks to make it so people couldnt camp there....but only on one side. So the cwmp just moved accross the river to the other side.

It was for that mile stretch of hell right along side the 57 freeway. If your car ran off the road you'd probably take out 4 or 5 hobo's.

The vast majority of the people in the riverbed and civic center arent even necessarily local..."if you build it, they will come".

At the civic center, people feed them every day, they have a needle exchange right there, they built bathrooms and showers...they aint leaving.

In the riverbed, people bring them food, there is a soup kitchen in orange that feeds them (well) twice a day (7 days a week), has showers and washing machines,  and gets their mail for them. They aint leavin.

And the ACLU has already started their lawsuits, so any enforcement is on hold...its ridiculous. There are no trespassing signs everywhere...but they cant be enforced.

On March 17, 2017 at 10:33 AM, gotbeer said:

Trash they leave behind is horrible also.  Had one person at the corner of Wilshire and highland.  Their trash was on that corner for about 3 months before the city cleaned it up.  And it wasn't like a few trash bags.  It was like 5 shopping carts, filled with crap, and lots of cardboard and tarps. 

That wasn't trash, that was a condominium.