• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has 5 years left on his contract: How many more HR's will he hit?

CaliAngel

My Dad and I were having a discussion about Pujols, and my dad said he's got $140 Mill left on his contract, so out of the blue he said "That's about $2.5 Mill per home run" estimating he'll only hit 56 more for the rest of his career. I thought that was absurd! I told him he could hit 20+ HR's per season, and he could possibly get to 100, and he says no way, impossible. That would be 691 for his career.

Then I propositioned that he'll get closer than 100 than 56, so I made a $100 bet with him that he'll hit 79 or more home runs before he retires. That's about $1.77 Mill per home run.

My Dad also said he doesn't think Pujols will be playing in 2020, and will play maybe half the games in 2019, which is why he thinks his prediction is pretty solid. 

What do you guys think?

How much per home run do you think Pujols will earn, or in other words, home much is Arte going to be paying per Pujols home run?

I don't think he has been able to play an entire season full strength since he's been here.  He will continue to hit home runs, but he will ground out a lot and have trouble taking an extra base.  It's a shame that he has these foot problems. He's a leader and deals with a great deal of pain.  It's hard for me to picture him doing it 5 more years.  It would probably require foot surgery every year or two.

7 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

How much per home run do you think Pujols will earn, or in other words, home much is Arte going to be paying per Pujols home run?

Eleventy   (I think you're safe BTW)

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

If the attendance continues to fall, Arte the business man. May bring the fences in to Albert's liking. 150 HRS.

Book attendance was supposedly up last year.  I wonder if this is the season they fall below 3 Mil again.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ANA/attend.shtml

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Eleventy   (I think you're safe BTW)

Book attendance was supposedly up last year.  I wonder if this is the season they fall below 3 Mil again.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ANA/attend.shtml

Apparently, season seat sales are up 20% according to Carpino.  

Still think the chances of him retiring early and giving up $30 million is between slimsky and nonesky.  

He'll have one season above 30 and two somewhat lost seasons because of injury where he hits about 25.  I'll give him 40 for the two remaining seasons.  Subtract a few by removing the fanboy glasses and I think he hits about 80-90.  

14 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Apparently, season seat sales are up 20% according to Carpino.  

That's surprising and then again no.   While they haven't done anything splashy compared to others years the conversation regarding the team has shifted away from the talk of dysfunction, bad moves, etc etc..

Maybe people are buying into a slightly more optimistic outlook -- the reigning MVP doesn't hurt either.  

49 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That's surprising and then again no.   While they haven't done anything splashy compared to others years the conversation regarding the team has shifted away from the talk of dysfunction, bad moves, etc etc..

Maybe people are buying into a slightly more optimistic outlook -- the reigning MVP doesn't hurt either.  

sometimes I assume that the general fan isn't savvy.   While the team shed a significant amount of payroll, they added back about 42mil between Maybin, Espinosa, Revere, Bailey, Maldonado, Chavez and Escobar's extension.  Bringing payroll above where we started at the beginning of 2016.  They filled 2b, and LF with actual baseball players, added a boatload of under the radar pitching depth and didn't trade anything of value from their farm system.  Last year, Marte, Ramirez, Guerra, Simmons, and Escobar worked out.  The notion that we lost as many games as we did because of injuries has been accepted.  To sell the point a bit more, I haven't heard a dissenting voice in regards to not bringing Weaver back.  

People also see what was available.  They know that to beat the Dogs on Jansen or Turner would have meant way more money than they got to stay.  

Most of all, this franchise has been a mess between hamilton and dipoto.  In return, the Angels have given them stability and improvement.  But those good feelings could be temporary if the performance doesn't match the expectation and there is a very real chance it doesn't.  

The other thing is that we have Mike Trout which can't be underestimated.  The idea that they can come watch Trout and the team might actually win holds a lot of value.