• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has 5 years left on his contract: How many more HR's will he hit?

CaliAngel

If he stays "healthy", AKA he's in the lineup 150 times a year, he'll hit over 100. He's probably going to be an Adam Dunn clone by the time he retires but the power is clearly still there. If he would update his approach and swing he could turn things around but he's basically become an all-or-nothing hitter. 

I think he'll pass Ruth, but fall well short of Aaron. 

I really think the key to this season for Albert is to not rush back.  He is a gamer (which I love), but it seems that he likes to come back from injury sooner than he really should.  With the Angels having Cron and Valbuena to handle 1B and DH, Pujols should take his time coming back and make sure he is healthy.  If he missed a couple weeks or so at the start of the season it would be worth it for him to be as healthy as possible.

He's going to hit way more than 79 in 5 years. That's 16 a year. He hit 30 last year and 40 before that. I hope for 25 this year, but 30 is not out of the question. I think he misses the first three weeks of the season.

If he hits 30 this year, then you've got it in the bag. I think he has one or two more power years where he'll come close to that total. 25 this year and 35 next puts him at 60. Then, he'll start to slip into the 20's for the next three, that puts him at least at 120. Which puts him in contention for the record.