• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

An open letter to conservatives from a liberal

53 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You see the point that Blarg tried to spit out but failed miserably at because of ineptitude and hated?  Yeah, that is also the left as a whole currently. If the left wants to succeed, stop sounding so much like Blarg. Honestly sound advice regardless of context.

Eight years of being Obama-esque and turning the other cheek (so to speak) led to the election of Trump.

Dammit, I learned a lesson from "Coward of the County" by Kenny Rogers.  Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man.

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

Eight years of being Obama-esque and turning the other cheek

Is this the same effect women who have had children completely forget the pain of childbirth so that our species would have a higher birthrate? Completely forgetting the partisan arguments between 2008 and 2016?  Anyone that didn't adhere to or quickly enough to accelerating social changes were a paragon of bigotry?

In Oklahoma's case, from personal experience (and many years of living there) I can tell you that they are paranoid about pretty much anything that isn't endorsed by the Southern Baptists, who essentially run the state. You get elected officials like Senator James Inhofe, who dismisses all science out of hand because "God can change it in the blink of an eye."

On 2/19/2017 at 8:24 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

No, the liberal left doesn’t harbor deep-seated desires and grand plans to control every aspect of your life in ‘political correct’ totalitarian style. You’re being told that because it makes you easier to influence politically (there's nothing so unifying as a common enemy).

Being told that by whom? Is this an implication that the thousands of university students and SJW pansy underwear-juicers who shit up my facebook and twitter feeds aren't real and are just put there by conservative over-seers who want us to think people actually feel that way so we can run and hide behind Lord Cheeto? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people on the left who actually want that. It may not be the main agenda and I know it would never actually happen, but not for lack of trying. 

• Yes, the folks on the left do love America too, and no, they don’t hate you or your freedoms. Whoever tells you these things is not your friend or ally- you’re their tool to the extent you believe that stuff. When lefties sound frustrated with you, part of that is they don’t like that you’re being taken advantage of in ways that affect everyone. Also, they’ve been trying to tell you this a lot, but it doesn’t seem to be getting across.

Again, who is telling us these things? Fox News? Senators? Trump? 

Liberals are never coming for your guns. They might want you to comply with some rules and accept some limitations to their use, and some are beyond angry with how the gun die-hards refuse to accept any regulation whatsoever, but it’s just. not. going. to. happen. The folks telling you it’s gonna happen are the same folks who just sold you your stockpiles of ammo at price-gouging rates because you were convinced you had to buy it while you could. They’re not your friends; you’re their marks

I don't own any guns and I personally don't understand the obsession, other than the possibility of them having small penises. But I do support a person's right to own them. That said, I agree with this part until it once again gets all conspiracy-theory-y (that seems to be a theme with this post). I don't think I've ever once heard a politician say anything about "takin' our gunnzz". And the person selling stockpiles of ammo has no power other than being a salesperson. Salespeople do scummy shit. 

• No, lefties aren’t in favor of Sharia law when they make it clear they don’t like to see Muslims discriminated against. It means they don’t want the USA to act like a theocracy, not because they want to impose a Muslim one.

Agreed.

• No, the Nazis and fascists weren’t left-wing, and it doesn’t matter that the GOP was once the party of Lincoln and civil rights. What does matter is that the GOP is the party of voter suppression, gerrymandering, and false claims about rampant voter fraud.

Who in the sweet juicy victor's mom's clitoris ever said Nazis were left-wing? Also, going to need some evidence of the first two claims there. The voter fraud one is probably true, as Trump has been spouting crap about it for months, but aren't unsupported claims of "voter suppression" and gerrymandering just the same thing? 

• No, ‘getting tough’ on social issues such as crime or drugs doesn’t work. If it did, the problem would already be solved. It's quite possible that the perceived unfairness of ‘get tough’ rules (as applied) contributes to the problems (like the way community:police relations aren’t good in high-crime areas).

This is just ridiculous. What are we talking about when we say "get tough"? I'm pretty sure this is just a way to imply that the police and justice system are skewed to negatively impact minorities but there is literally no evidence of that whatsoever. What there IS evidence of is violent and drug related crimes are much higher in black and hispanic neighborhoods. So what is suggested here? Just let it happen because arresting and incarcerating these people has just created an unbreakable cycle? I'm not saying I agree with the judicial system in this country but criminals get arrested. It's the way it has always been. Also that last part is the dumbest shit I've ever read. Gee, I wonder why community and police relations wouldn't be good in high-crime areas. Cops should be walking around southside Chicago handing out high-fives and balloons. 

• No, the money from tax cuts to the rich never ever ever ever trickles down, and the people who tell you it will are making out like bandits while you wait.

Obviously, but again we're referring to some magical group of evil entities that keep telling us bad things.

• No, we’re not broke from idle moochers draining the system and living large on too-generous benefits. We spend tons on corporate welfare and government contracts, more than we do on other sorts of welfare. The stories about welfare queens and lazy moochers living large on the dole are invented to keep your attention away from all the tax dollars going into corporate pockets.

While it's true the mass proportion of our country's debt comes from corporate BS and egregious military spending, the government spends over $200 billion a year on welfare. And the "stories" aren't stories, there are plenty of people who take advantage of the system, and I happen to know a couple of them personally. Again, more conspiracy crap. 

• No, the USA isn’t number one in the world at anything now, except for per-capita incarceration, military spending, and the prices we pay for medical care and pharmaceuticals. We have lots of potential to be better, and wanting the USA to be better isn’t the same thing as not loving America.

Probably the best point made in the entire "letter". All of those things are serious problems that are plaguing our country currently. 

• We get it, the future in which white people are a minority makes you uneasy - but the problem isn’t who’s a minority, it’s that minorities are regarded and treated as second-class citizens by too many people. Fix that part, and everything has potential to turn out fine. Not fixing it means when we’re the minority, it’ll be our (or our grandchildren’s) turn to be treated as second-class, and we’ll deserve it when we have to protest about how White Lives Matter. Social justice isn’t about taking away white rights, it’s very much in our interests.

The first sentence is unnecessary and pretty much encapsulates why I loathe the left, in general. Who is the target audience here? It says "an open letter to conservatives...." so this implies the writer believes all conservatives feel this way. Isn't generalizing considered a hot-button issue to the left? Or is it only when white people do it to non-white people? Apparently I'm supposed to feel bad about being born white, and it's shit like this that is providing coal to that fire. 

It's no question that minorities are treated differently in this country. They're treated differently in every country. It's definitely a problem and it definitely needs to be fixed. But consider the fact that just 50 years ago, black people weren't allowed to use the same water fountains as white folk, or allowed in the same schools, or the same restaurants. Hell, Blarg was already collecting his pension when the civil rights movement ended. I'd say we've come a long way. Does that excuse racist behavior? Absolutely not, but it puts it into perspective. Our parents and grandparents were alive and well during this time. Some of the posters here were alive and well during this time. I'd say it's very much being fixed, however I see things like BLM and wonder how much of this is about making things better for certain people, or making things worse for others. Which is why the last point is bullshit to me. "Social Justice" in its purest form, may be in the best interest of everyone, but it certainly hasn't been used that way. People want their past, present, and future censored to fit their view of the world. That's not only a stupid way of thinking, it's a dangerous one. 

• No, it’s not hypocritical when ‘tolerant’ liberals aren’t tolerant of intolerance or bigotry. It would be hypocritical if they were.

That depends. Speaking out against intolerance and bigotry is absolutely acceptable and encouraged. Destroying property and blocking traffic and doing other illegal shit is not. I feel that some people on the left have muddled these things together. I guarantee you that the majority of liberals would completely censor any form of racist thought or vocalization, if they could. The point is not to censor or take away a person's right to say or think a certain way. The point is to not grant them an audience so the stupid shit they say falls on deaf ears. If that doesn't work, then you speak of tolerance in a louder voice. SPEAK, not destroy. 

• A lot of those jobs are never coming back, and politicians telling you they will aren’t your friends - you’re their marks. Already the easy-to-automate work has been automated, and eventually even the skilled labor (like automating work) will eventually be automated. (yes, today there is software writing other software, machines building other machines). Eventually, this will force us to re-think the idea of work being our identity, or how to organize an economy with surplus labor that still looks like America.

Annnd we end it on more of this conspiracy garbage. Not worth my time. 

You see, I'm not even really a conservative, but I find myself empathizing with them more than liberals these days. I'm pro-choice, support gay marriage, fully support LGBT rights and equal rights of women and minorities, but holy SHIT am I sick and fucking tired of being talked down to because I'm a white male, by OTHER white males. Please stop. You really aren't helping your cause. I'm betting a decent portion of Trump voters feel exactly as I do, and it got us a power-hungry, orange mongoloid as POTUS. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

You see, I'm not even really a conservative, but I find myself empathizing with them more than liberals these days. I'm pro-choice, support gay marriage, fully support LGBT rights and equal rights of women and minorities, but holy SHIT am I sick and fucking tired of being talked down to because I'm a white male, by OTHER white males.

You mean you don't like their libsplaining?

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

You see, I'm not even really a conservative, but I find myself empathizing with them more than liberals these days. I'm pro-choice, support gay marriage, fully support LGBT rights and equal rights of women and minorities, but holy SHIT am I sick and fucking tired of being talked down to because I'm a white male, by OTHER white males. Please stop. You really aren't helping your cause. I'm betting a decent portion of Trump voters feel exactly as I do, and it got us a power-hungry, orange mongoloid as POTUS. 

Wait, you're a white male? Next, you're gonna tell me that Lawrence is half-Mexican...

On 2/19/2017 at 5:24 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Put more eloquently than I could.

Chris Joosse

In no particular order:

• No, the liberal left doesn’t harbor deep-seated desires and grand plans to control every aspect of your life in ‘political correct’ totalitarian style. You’re being told that because it makes you easier to influence politically (there's nothing so unifying as a common enemy).
  • Yes, the folks on the left do love America too, and no, they don’t hate you or your freedoms. Whoever tells you these things is not your friend or ally- you’re their tool to the extent you believe that stuff. When lefties sound frustrated with you, part of that is they don’t like that you’re being taken advantage of in ways that affect everyone. Also, they’ve been trying to tell you this a lot, but it doesn’t seem to be getting across.
  • Liberals are never coming for your guns. They might want you to comply with some rules and accept some limitations to their use, and some are beyond angry with how the gun die-hards refuse to accept any regulation whatsoever, but it’s just. not. going. to. happen. The folks telling you it’s gonna happen are the same folks who just sold you your stockpiles of ammo at price-gouging rates because you were convinced you had to buy it while you could. They’re not your friends; you’re their marks.
  • No, lefties aren’t in favor of Sharia law when they make it clear they don’t like to see Muslims discriminated against. It means they don’t want the USA to act like a theocracy, not because they want to impose a Muslim one.
  • No, the Nazis and fascists weren’t left-wing, and it doesn’t matter that the GOP was once the party of Lincoln and civil rights. What does matter is that the GOP is the party of voter suppression, gerrymandering, and false claims about rampant voter fraud.
  • No, ‘getting tough’ on social issues such as crime or drugs doesn’t work. If it did, the problem would already be solved. It's quite possible that the perceived unfairness of ‘get tough’ rules (as applied) contributes to the problems (like the way community:police relations aren’t good in high-crime areas).
  • No, the money from tax cuts to the rich never ever ever ever trickles down, and the people who tell you it will are making out like bandits while you wait.
  • No, we’re not broke from idle moochers draining the system and living large on too-generous benefits. We spend tons on corporate welfare and government contracts, more than we do on other sorts of welfare. The stories about welfare queens and lazy moochers living large on the dole are invented to keep your attention away from all the tax dollars going into corporate pockets.
  • No, the USA isn’t number one in the world at anything now, except for per-capita incarceration, military spending, and the prices we pay for medical care and pharmaceuticals. We have lots of potential to be better, and wanting the USA to be better isn’t the same thing as not loving America.
  • We get it, the future in which white people are a minority makes you uneasy - but the problem isn’t who’s a minority, it’s that minorities are regarded and treated as second-class citizens by too many people. Fix that part, and everything has potential to turn out fine. Not fixing it means when we’re the minority, it’ll be our (or our grandchildren’s) turn to be treated as second-class, and we’ll deserve it when we have to protest about how White Lives Matter. Social justice isn’t about taking away white rights, it’s very much in our interests.
  • No, it’s not hypocritical when ‘tolerant’ liberals aren’t tolerant of intolerance or bigotry. It would be hypocritical if they were.
  • A lot of those jobs are never coming back, and politicians telling you they will aren’t your friends - you’re their marks. Already the easy-to-automate work has been automated, and eventually even the skilled labor (like automating work) will eventually be automated. (yes, today there is software writing other software, machines building other machines). Eventually, this will force us to re-think the idea of work being our identity, or how to organize an economy with surplus labor that still looks like America.

He thought this was a good idea. haha.