• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout wants to steal 40 bases this year

26 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

just came across this stat, via Sporting News:

Seventeen percent of the Angels' runs last season were scored by Mike Trout, the highest number by any one player for a team since Rickey Henderson scored 17 percent of the Yankees' runs in 1985.

The Angels had 211.4 runs above replacement as an offense.  Mike Trout had 91.5 of those.  

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Seventeen percent of the Angels' runs last season were scored by Mike Trout, the highest number by any one player for a team since Rickey Henderson scored 17 percent of the Yankees' runs in 1985.

I hope Mike Trout starts referring to himself in the third person. I know he never would, but damn that would be funny.

Love the idea! Would rather choose the high batting average, all-around Trout like last year than the just a slugger, low stolen base Trout. His stolen bases picked up after a very slow start in April last year. Had just 1 stolen base in April before getting 29 more SB's the rest of the year to get to the 30 mark. But it would also help if Pujols stops fouling pitches off when Trout is going though, so we'll see.

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Of course, there are two ways of looking at that. We were 10th in runs scored in the AL last year, DESPITE his leading the league in runs scored. That makes for a higher percentage than "normal".

I wish someone in this organization would realize how good it would be to separate Trout and Albert in the order. I still like Maybin, Trout, Calhoun, Albert, Cron/Valbuena, Simmons, Espinosa, Maldonado, Escobar. Or flip-flop Maybin and Escobar, depending on who's OBP is better. I hope it's Maybin because we'd have two speed guys at the top of the order.

5 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Of course, there are two ways of looking at that. We were 10th in runs scored in the AL last year, DESPITE his leading the league in runs scored. That makes for a higher percentage than "normal".

I wish someone in this organization would realize how good it would be to separate Trout and Albert in the order. I still like Maybin, Trout, Calhoun, Albert, Cron/Valbuena, Simmons, Espinosa, Maldonado, Escobar. Or flip-flop Maybin and Escobar, depending on who's OBP is better. I hope it's Maybin because we'd have two speed guys at the top of the order.

But we would miss the dreamy look on Scioscia's face....

image.jpeg