• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trump as CINC

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15G5RX

"

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists."

This is why I didn't want him as president.  He has no fucking idea of how to lead the military. 

U.S. Central Command said in a statement that an investigating team had "concluded regrettably that civilian non-combatants were likely killed" during Sunday's raid. It said children may have been among the casualties.

Ugh. Get this clown out of office.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Ugh. Get this clown out of office.

You want to avoid civilian casualties? Stop military operations. (Sigh, that'd be nice but I digress).  Those that would be targeted know that human shields diminishes the appetite of those that would target them.

We'll need a lot more information, even when the POTUS is Trump, before somehow assigning him blame. Military intelligence failed?  That's a first... If we as a country want these attacks to continue to somehow feel safer then these are the costs we must be willing to pay. If these costs are too high (spoilers, they are) then there is a clear solution.

"

[Colonel John] Thomas said he did not know why the prior administration did not authorize the operation, but said the Obama administration had effectively exercised a "pocket veto" over it.

A former official said the operation had been reviewed several times, but the underlying intelligence was not judged strong enough to justify the risks, and the case was left to the incoming Trump administration to make its own judgment"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/01/yemen-strike-eight-year-old-american-girl-killed-al-awlaki

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

A White House official said the operation was thoroughly vetted by the previous administration and that the previous defense secretary had signed off on it in January.

Fucking Obama. 

Guess what I'm noticing about information leaked from unnamed Trump administration White House officials? It's largely bullcrap and it sure seems like part of a plan to largely discredit an already wobbly press. Another check on power removed. Bannon has got to be loving this crap.

9 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Guess what I'm noticing about information leaked from unnamed Trump administration White House officials? It's largely bullcrap and it sure seems like part of a plan to largely discredit an already wobbly press. Another check on power removed. Bannon has got to be loving this crap.

So far we don't have conflicting information.  Both sides could be accurate though obviously spinning their facts to benefit each side.

5 hours ago, Glen said:

"

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists."

This is why I didn't want him as president.  He has no fucking idea of how to lead the military. 

Wait a minute, this mission was conceived by the Obama administration.

I hope that if there's such a thing as hell Anwar Awlaki is rotting in its deepest pit.  First the 14 year old son and now the little girl.  Horrifying.  

That aside.  This seems like yet another massive Trump fuck up.  I borderline despise Trump so my expectations for him were basically nothing. But somehow he's managed to exceed even my extremely low expectations of being an utter disaster. 

Whats next ? Stating the war with Iran.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 2/2/2017 at 6:39 AM, Glen said:

"

Excluding the Joint Chiefs of Staff from the National Security Council wasn't the brightest thing that he could have done. However, we do have the head of Breitbart, which is a reasonable replacement.

Fortunately for us, Trump went to a military school, which is just like combat training. He's got this.

• 4 weeks later...

The buck stops... somewhere else.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-ryan-owens-seal-raid_us_58b58852e4b0780bac2d58c6?

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.

“I can understand people saying that. I’d feel ― ‘What’s worse?’ There’s nothing worse,” he added. “This was something that they were looking at for a long time doing, and according to [Defense Secretary Jim] Mattis it was a very successful mission. They got tremendous amounts of information.”

On 2/2/2017 at 7:29 AM, Glen said:

We need a president that has some sort of clue about what he's doing.  But yeah, good luck with that with Trump. He's already planning to invade Iran.

I also heard that we may soon be ramping up in Syria, to include troops on the ground. Right now, our commitment is just a few advisors.

I also love that our Chimp in Chief threw the military under the bus for the relative failure of the mission, because President "I know more about ISIS than the generals do" is too smart to need security briefings before authorizing missions like this.