• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wall

32 minutes ago, cals said:

You’re full of shit.  The border issue doesn’t affect you personally just like it doesn’t affect any of us personally, border state or no border state.  Just more Fox nonsense you’re regurgitating.  

My eyes are brown so there's that. lol

It does affect Phoenix and Tucson more than my area

But many of the guys I work with still go to Mexico once or twice a month since they have family there.

They express what's going on down there from the other side so I do know more about it than you think

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

How about the 3 states that border Mexico?

People in the other states don't experience what we do

It's like us commenting on the Canadian border

Three out of four border states opposite it. Texas is the only state that supports it.

"Poll: 7 in 10 Californians Oppose Trump’s Border Wall | Courthouse News Service"

https://www.courthousenews.com/poll-7-in-10-californians-oppose-trumps-border-wall/amp/

"Majority of Arizonans oppose Trump's border wall, survey finds"

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/963580001

"Poll: Most in New Mexico oppose border wall despite security concerns"

https://amp.lcsun-news.com/amp/1357767002

"POLL: Texans Support Trump, Border Wall And Path To Citizenship – CBS Dallas / Fort Worth"

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/02/28/poll-texans-support-trump-wall-daca/?amp

26 minutes ago, Redondo said:

My eyes are brown so there's that. lol

It does affect Phoenix and Tucson more than my area

But many of the guys I work with still go to Mexico once or twice a month since they have family there.

They express what's going on down there from the other side so I do know more about it than you think

Are the guys you work with legal citizens? What are their thoughts on immigration from Mexico? Small sample size, but every Mexican American I've talked to is pretty "progressive" when it comes to immigration from Mexico, even if they're conservative on a lot of other issues.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Three out of four border states opposite it. Texas is the only state that supports it.

"Poll: 7 in 10 Californians Oppose Trump’s Border Wall | Courthouse News Service"

https://www.courthousenews.com/poll-7-in-10-californians-oppose-trumps-border-wall/amp/

"Majority of Arizonans oppose Trump's border wall, survey finds"

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/963580001

"Poll: Most in New Mexico oppose border wall despite security concerns"

https://amp.lcsun-news.com/amp/1357767002

"POLL: Texans Support Trump, Border Wall And Path To Citizenship – CBS Dallas / Fort Worth"

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/02/28/poll-texans-support-trump-wall-daca/?amp

i'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that it's likely most of the opposition to it was because it was called "Trump's wall." 

we've had a border wall in places for a lot longer than trump talked about it, and while it had its' opponents, i don't recall the same kind of anger directed at it in the past like there was the last four years.

2 hours ago, cals said:

You’re full of shit.  The border issue doesn’t affect you personally just like it doesn’t affect any of us personally, border state or no border state.  Just more Fox nonsense you’re regurgitating.  

i disagree.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-ca-taxpayers

Californians bear an enormous fiscal burden resulting from playing host to a massive illegal alien population estimated to consist of almost 3 million foreign nationals. The annual expenditure of state and local tax dollars on services for that population and their children is $23 billion. That total amounts to a yearly burden of about $1,800 for each legally present California household.

According to the California Policy Center, the Golden State’s total state/county/municipal debt tops a staggering $1.3 trillion.[1] Meanwhile, as the state teeters on the brink of economic collapse, its civic and political leaders relentlessly advance laws and policies that attract and reward illegal immigration. And, all the while, they ignore the simple fact that cooperating with the federal government in its efforts to suppress illegal immigration would decrease the massive cost imposed on taxpaying citizens and legal immigrants living in California.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that it's likely most of the opposition to it was because it was called "Trump's wall." 

we've had a border wall in places for a lot longer than trump talked about it, and while it had its' opponents, i don't recall the same kind of anger directed at it in the past like there was the last four years.

I agree with this. Trump's inflammatory personality just made it an easy target (and telling people Mexico was going to pay for it just made it worse).

While I'm 100% in favor of a secure border and only legal immigration, the wall was never going to be a one size fits all solution. The border wall you mentioned (2006 border protection act) was a bipartisan effort but the wall itself wasn't much to write home about (I believe we spent a quarter of a billion dollars on repairs and the thing still looked shitty).

Trump's wall has already had cartels cut through it, lowest bidding contractors do sub standard work with the foundation in some parts, heavy monsoons do damage which requires some parts of the wall to be left open to allow flood waters to pass through it, thus defeating the purpose of the barrier. 

You have terrain issues as well as private property to deal with. It just isn't as easy as "build the wall."

He was successful in getting 450 miles built and Biden should maintain that but we'll see. I still haven't found a source of Biden tearing it down like was claimed.

When all is said and done, you need a combination of barriers, technology and personnel to secure it (as well as stopping companies in the U.S. from encouraging illegal immigration). And of course, reminding our neighbors to the south to help. Some of those things Trump did accomplish. 

I'm glad Biden is turning the Haitians away but he needs to apply that evenly across the board for all trying to sneak in. But I doubt it will happen. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Lolok. Redondo said a majority of people support the expansion of the wall. I showed how that isn't true. He then said a majority in the "three" border states (there are four) support it. I then pointed out how that's not true in three of the four states.

Using your logic, the folks in Texas only supported it because it was Trump's wall. 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Nobody cared about the wall before and most people knew there was already sections of a wall already in place and being added to at times and maintained.  He was the only POTUS to use it as the savior of the masses and vote for me and I will build it. He deserves to be beat up over it really doing nothing but grifting contributions from it.  He did that, nobody else. You should be his press secretary, you really go to lengths to defend his idiocy. 

Well that's it, I will now be cancel cultured by those that bitch about cancel culture.  How dare I talk back to the mother ship on here.     

3 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Nobody cared about the wall before and most people knew there was already sections of a wall already in place and being added to at times and maintained.  He was the only POTUS to use it as the savior of the masses and vote for me and I will build it. He deserves to be beat up over it really doing nothing but grifting contributions from it.  He did that, nobody else. You should be his press secretary, you really go to lengths to defend his idiocy. 

Well that's it, I will now be cancel cultured by those that bitch about cancel culture.  How dare I talk back to the mother ship on here.     

He’s about the only President in modern history to lose net worth in office. Clinton, Bush, and Obama all did pretty well profiting off politics