• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blue Jays unveil new Sunday alternate jerseys

Richard

I get it....red and white, colors of Canada...but that looks dumb as hell. Their older jerseys that had splashes of red looked cool, as did the red jersey they had like this last year, with the exception of the Blue Jay still being blue. That was alright. 

Also not a fan of the Angels red text on red jersey either. Wish they'd change that up a bit so it contrasted a bit more.

two points and i'll be on my way.

1. let's not have the angels be one of those retarded teams that change their jersey so they can sell more jerseys at the expense of tradition. the best uniforms in mlb are the ones that are relatively unchanged from the 19th and 20th century.

2. let's also not have the angels become another one of those navy blue copy cat teams. looking like the brewers, padres and god forgive whoever else. red is guilty as well, but the angels get grandfathered on that as red is a dominant color for the majority of their existence. i'm aware that blue has been in their scheme before, but let's maintain history and our unique uniforms.

It's funny, the doomed periwinkle uniforms actually could have been a very interesting change in our color/uniform history had they been done right. A light blue, silver/gold, white - those colors really do align best with the 'Angels' name and iconography. Red is kind of curious being that it is so associated with the 'devil'. In no way would I support a change that drastic right now, but if it had been done right 20 years ago, it would have looked great could have been an interesting change in direction. I think they can subtly start tweaking some of the texts, colors, outlines now, toying with an alternate here or there, and find ways to update the current colors and jerseys without coming off as it looking like an effort to sell jerseys or change the fundamental design. 

There was an old Angel logo back in the late 60's/early 70's with wings that wasn't terrible either. 

I became a fan in the mid-90's and I'll forever love those California Angels uniforms. 

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/ClBfv

https://www.behance.net/gallery/35835999/MLB-Logo-Redesigns-30-Logos-in-30-Days

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/65675-bohobs-mlb-redesign-project/?page=7 - this one has some full on uniform mock-ups too

There are some interesting logo/uniform redesigns done out there by fans. None of the Angels' ones really wowed me, but worth checking out. Some of them are vast improvements for some teams.

20 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I don't really care much about the subtleties of the uniform but I do like the blue caps with red bill

I have never cared for uniforms with lettering the same color as the jersey. There should be some contrast, not just an outline of the letters and numbers.

As far as the Toronto alternate jersey goes, with the bird being red, does that change it into a cardinal?

Utg2FOp.jpg

Here was another mock-up I found online - the faint gold uniform actually looks kinda cool, and the white one looks great too. 

There are some seriously amazing re-brands and mock-ups out there for every team. Some extremely talented individuals out there. Makes you wonder how any team can do such a terrible job with logo/uniform redesigns these days. The Padres and Astros have some of the ugliest, most boring uniforms and color combinations possible.