• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Inauguration

Yeah being concerned that what happens after Trump gets elected is dropping the bar on civility is closing the barn door after the horse is in the glue factory. Nobody condones death threats but it's really just a natural progression from the name calling and mocking. Personally. I'm 100% convinced that he's got all the rope he needs to hang himself and do it pretty quickly but not everyone is as patient as I am.

26 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Yeah being concerned that what happens after Trump gets elected is dropping the bar on civility is closing the barn door after the horse is in the glue factory. Nobody condones death threats but it's really just a natural progression from the name calling and mocking. Personally. I'm 100% convinced that he's got all the rope he needs to hang himself and do it pretty quickly but not everyone is as patient as I am.

and yet it is that very thing that got Trump elected.  The death threats, the name calling, the notion that all Trump voters are simpletons.

Dems have learned nothing, absolutely nothing.

10 hours ago, calscuf said:

I'm going to cut America some slack on this one.  

Since about 48% of voters are either legally retarded, easily manipulated or just don't give a fuck, I'm willing to let the other 52% go apeshit.

It's not like some honest 3rd party candidate or an honorable outsider was elected.  America elected its biggest douchebag, literally its largest bag of douche, to be president.  Stop acting like the 52% are acting unreasonable.

I'm going to cut them some slack on this one.

They aren't acting unreasonable. However they are acting like they want 8 years of Trump.

Both sides have their hypocrites but I'm still amazed by the fact that the side that spent the last so many years telling us how we had to be tolerant of every little thing is acting like whiny children and doing the exact thing they spoke out against.  As others pointed out all they're doing is giving Trump supporters and swing voters more of a reason to vote for him again if it's anything like this in 4 years.  Regroup, stop trying to tell others how they should feel about every little thing most of which don't impact their lives and don't expect any politician to make your daily life better or worse because we are responsible for about 99% of what goes on in our daily lives. 

20 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

and yet it is that very thing that got Trump elected.  The death threats, the name calling, the notion that all Trump voters are simpletons.

Dems have learned nothing, absolutely nothing.

You're using terms like dems and libs like its some giant collective walking in lockstep. I wonder how you react when people make those sweeping generalizations about Christians

I think it's fantastic people feel strongly enough to go out and protest the inauguration. A group of us will be at the march in Los Angeles on Saturday, if you want information let me know. I don't condone the violence or destruction of property, but if people feel strongly enough that the direction Trump and the Republicans want to take the country is wrong, that normalizing Trump's behavior is wrong, that allowing a minority of voters to roll back medicare, medicaid, social security, women's rights, national security arrangements, climate and environmental regulation, banking regulation, etc. etc. than by all means, go out and let your voice be heard. Learn a lesson from the Tea Party. 

If the left thinks they can beat the right at their own game they will learn a hopefully useful lesson in humility. They will be beaten down, certainly metaphorically and probably literally, and told that it's fair. I do wonder the purpose of the protests. I certainly dread the upcoming 4 years. Is the message of the protests that half the country hates Trump and right?  I'm pretty sure that message is clear. If it was a lens you'd be able to see a ladybug creature scratching it's ass on a planet three galaxies over. It would seem that on the list of things the left needs, sending this message would be way down from the top.

32 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think it's fantastic people feel strongly enough to go out and protest the inauguration. A group of us will be at the march in Los Angeles on Saturday, if you want information let me know. I don't condone the violence or destruction of property, but if people feel strongly enough that the direction Trump and the Republicans want to take the country is wrong, that normalizing Trump's behavior is wrong, that allowing a minority of voters to roll back medicare, medicaid, social security, women's rights, national security arrangements, climate and environmental regulation, banking regulation, etc. etc. than by all means, go out and let your voice be heard. Learn a lesson from the Tea Party. 

So what would be the goal of the protest? Your representatives in Washington are already overwhelmingly Democrat.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

If they felt strongly enough they would have voted in a National democratic election

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

Whew...you found your both sides do it. 

Trump's right trolls the left. The left predictably responds angrily in kind albeit it isn't really their strong point. The right relies on the fact that everyone is in general a reactionary asshole. The left kind of depends on that not being the case. So the right profits in the exchange. It'd almost be funny if it wasn't so tragic.