• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

house broken into

i dont know if its the time of year or what but it seems to be happening a lot lately

no houses broken into in my neighborhood that i know of, but my car and several of my neighbors cars have been broken into in the last month.

i dont keep anything of value in my car and nothing was stolen except for a cheap pair of sunglasses but its a hassle all the same

This happened about 16 years ago when I was in high school.  Our house is in a cul de sac and we also had a dog in the backyard, so keep this in mind. I felt ill at school and had a family friend pick me up to take me home from school as the school was unable to reach my parents.  As we arrived home, I saw a bunch of cops and 3 dudes in their early 20s sitting on the curb in front of my house handcuffed.  I asked the cops what was going on.  They told me the 3 guys were caught inside my house stealing.  They got in through the backyard and back door, gave my dog some food to get in, and proceeded to lift small items such as my playstation 1, video games, my coins that I collected, a camera, my portable cd player, and other various stuff that I don't remember.  Our neighbor across the street called the cops as she saw them enter the backyard.  I heard a few months later they got sent to jail for a few years as they were caught a few times before.  We got all of the stuff returned after the cops took pictures and dusted for prints as evidence.

Sorry that this happened to you man, it sucks getting your stuff stolen as it's a gigantic pain and hassle to replace.  I got lucky since I have vigilant neighbors and they were dumb enough to try it in broad daylight. 

1 hour ago, katrinab said:

i dont know if its the time of year or what but it seems to be happening a lot lately

no houses broken into in my neighborhood that i know of, but my car and several of my neighbors cars have been broken into in the last month.

i dont keep anything of value in my car and nothing was stolen except for a cheap pair of sunglasses but its a hassle all the same

i remember one year in the 90's before christmas someone went through the entire neighborhood and broke into cars unlocked and simply stole change from ashtrays....but strangely left all the pennies on everyone's car floor just taking the silver.

kind of sad to resort to stealing change.

34 minutes ago, Taggart said:

i remember one year in the 90's before christmas someone went through the entire neighborhood and broke into cars unlocked and simply stole change from ashtrays....but strangely left all the pennies on everyone's car floor just taking the silver.

Thanks Obama!

1 hour ago, Taggart said:

i first read this i thought they stole the ashtrays themselves. i thought it was hilarious. didn't see it was stealing change, that's sad.

i heard that when the housing crash happened, and all those people were underwater and getting booted out. or people squatting in empty places. a bunch of them stole all the copper pluming to sell for scrap. 

A couple of years ago, I parked my jeep in my garage. It didn't have its too on. I closed the garage and went in for the night.

the next morning I went out and my garage door was open, the driver side door of the jeep was open and my iPod was gone.

To this day I have no idea how they got the garage door open. My son said he heard it open during the night (his room is over the garage) but thought it was just me.

i am just glad the dumbasses didn't ride off on my bikes which total about 6k. They were sitting right there with air in the tires ready to go.

I had my truck broken into twice in my younger days.  First time, door was unlocked.  I live in a rural area, never locked doors.  The genius stole the faceplate from my stereo, change from the ashtray, half a pack of gum, and a used chapstik.  Too bad I didn't at least have herpes for them to get.

Second time, a few years later, I had started to lock my doors because of the first theft.  Parked outside the high school I was coaching baseball at.  So, this time, someone broke the passenger side window, stole the faceplate (again just the faceplate),   Also took my folder of about 25 cds.  What I learned was you might as well not lock your car door, because the second time was way more annoying to replace the window, cost was virtually the same.

Both times, I really am lucky I didn't know who did it, because you really would like to beat someone to death using your bare hands.

1 hour ago, Keener said:

I had my truck broken into twice in my younger days.  First time, door was unlocked.  I live in a rural area, never locked doors.  The genius stole the faceplate from my stereo, change from the ashtray, half a pack of gum, and a used chapstik.  Too bad I didn't at least have herpes for them to get.

Second time, a few years later, I had started to lock my doors because of the first theft.  Parked outside the high school I was coaching baseball at.  So, this time, someone broke the passenger side window, stole the faceplate (again just the faceplate),   Also took my folder of about 25 cds.  What I learned was you might as well not lock your car door, because the second time was way more annoying to replace the window, cost was virtually the same.

Both times, I really am lucky I didn't know who did it, because you really would like to beat someone to death using your bare hands.

You must've had some very nice faceplates 

In 1991 I restored a 1964 VW bug for my wife. Ground up resto where I turned every nut & bolt on the car. Custom paint, new audio system, even covered the custom upholstry by hand.

2 weeks after the car was finished, I allowed a French car magazine I hadn't heard of to photograph it at the house. 

A couple days later I walk outside and it was gone. The car parked behind it had been rolled out to the street. I was bitter about it for many years. I actually wanted to invent a tracking device that woud also detonate the car. Bitter.

25th Anniversary of that day was last Sept 6. Maybe I'm still bitter.

18 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Sorry this happened to you.

Several friends of mine have a SimpliSafe home security system and swear by it. I might just look into it. Home and car break-ins are on the rise in Long Beach.

Buddy of mine recently got robbed in LB. He was passed out in his car(drunk probably) and someone went in and stole his iphone, jbl bluetooth speaker, and jacket while he was asleep.

33 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'm guessing there was a big market in that area for stolen faceplates for all those people who had their faceplates stolen

Ha.  Good point.  Maybe i should have tried to buy one.  If craigslist had been around back then...

1 minute ago, Keener said:

Ha.  Good point.  Maybe i should have tried to buy one.  If craigslist had been around back then...

When we bought our truck the guy told us to always keep the tailgate locked, they could be removed in less than a minute by someone who knew what they were doing. Why would someone steal a tailgate I asked? Well, apparently there's a big market for people who need to buy new tailgates because theirs were stolen.

Pretty ingenious...create your own market.

22 hours ago, mrwicked said:

i first read this i thought they stole the ashtrays themselves. i thought it was hilarious. didn't see it was stealing change, that's sad.

i heard that when the housing crash happened, and all those people were underwater and getting booted out. or people squatting in empty places. a bunch of them stole all the copper pluming to sell for scrap. 

yeah, true story. i remember house shopping after the crash and came across a bunch of homes that were stripped of copper. the wildest one i heard of was people going underneath cars and stealing peoples catalytic converters to sell for scrap.

a weird one.

my sister got out of the service and came home to visit. someone broke into her car and stole everything which consisted of her cd's and her duffle bag from the service. police report and the whole nine where nothing happened. a week or two later she gets a call that they caught the guy. apparently, like most situations, the dude would have got away with it but was caught because the dumb shit was wearing her marines fatigues around town.

to this day we don't know if some concerned citizen called it in after realizing he was never in the service or what, but yeah, kind of weird.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

When we bought our truck the guy told us to always keep the tailgate locked, they could be removed in less than a minute by someone who knew what they were doing. Why would someone steal a tailgate I asked? Well, apparently there's a big market for people who need to buy new tailgates because theirs were stolen.

Pretty ingenious...create your own market.

Reminds me of when I was a teenager and a buddy of mine had a truck year/model that wasn't that common, he had it painted a specific color and everyone who saw it drive by would recognize it as his.  Some other guy we saw around town had the same model truck that was the same general color but a different tint.  My buddy and another friend happened to drive by where the guy lived or worked and decided to steal his tailgate.  That was stupid enough but even more so because after he put it on his truck you could tell the colors didn't match and if the other guy saw it he would know it was his. 

many years ago someone vandalized my wife's honda prelude. they stole her steering wheel and then screwed up the lock on the trunk and the driver's door. they also chipped off a bit of paint. we called the police. i asked the officer why they'd steal the steering wheel and he said it was for thieves to use on other honda preludes. if they saw one they liked but it had 'the club' on it, they'd simply pop it off and put on the one they stole from us, and then they could drive it home. those sneaky jerks.

it really pissed me off that they jammed up the lock to the trunk. just seemed mean for no good reason.