• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

house broken into

came home from work and clothes and pillows were everywhere. they took my playstation 4 (not fussed) and tablet (password protected but bummed as it was a recent gift from my gf). nothing else missing. girlfriend's jewelry isn't missing (at least we don't think so. she'll be back in town tomorrow). obviously some kid did it but it's strange. we moved in recently and this seems uncommon for this neighborhood. 

regal me with similar tales.

We live in Santa Margarita and there have been several Break-ins in the last couple of months.

Most of them have happened between midnight and 4 while the family is sleeping. They break in through an open window or slider, last week through a doggie door, take whatever they can find downstairs and then leave.

The cops can't do much because there is literally 2 sheriffs on duty for the entire city during that time.

1 hour ago, Schildog said:

came home from work and clothes and pillows were everywhere. they took my playstation 4 (not fussed) and tablet (password protected but bummed as it was a recent gift from my gf). nothing else missing. girlfriend's jewelry isn't missing (at least we don't think so. she'll be back in town tomorrow). obviously some kid did it but it's strange. we moved in recently and this seems uncommon for this neighborhood. 

IMG_6589.JPG

1 hour ago, cezero said:

i hate thieves

what they do doesn't just cost money for their victims, but also peace of mind

wouldn't be surprised if the person who took your tech knows you

i had somebody break into my car about 6 years ago. they destroyed my window and entire dashboard ($300 to repair) to steal a FUCKING STOCK RADIO that couldn't have been worth more than five bucks. No CD player or even a tape player. AND THE FUCKER STOLE MY CIGARETTES. 

Now that's some bullshit. That's exactly when you need a cig

I have only dealt with this twice. Once, a rental house that I was in the process of moving into was broken into, stole my turntable, receiver and speakers. Had to be kids, because they stole the rock CDs and left everything else behind. I found my briefcase sitting open in the bedroom and I feared the worst (I had left $500 in cash in an envelope in it to take to the bank the next day). They missed the envelope.

Time #2, went to a correctional medical conference at the Flamingo on the Strip. Somebody smashed out the back window of my car and stole my GYM BAG. Yes, with my smelly sneakers and gym clothes in it. The odd thing was that it had been under the cargo cover (Mini Cooper) until the day before, and I had just moved it to the back seat so that we could load groceries the day before.

actually now i'm concerned about my missing spare key to my car. i was planning on keeping an old phone charged with the gps on just in case but the little pricks stole the old phones too. i can't imagine being able to get more than $5 for those.

gf is now wanting an outdoor camera system. even with this happening i still can't wrap my head around that. big brother and all that freaks me out.

1 hour ago, cezero said:

i hate thieves

i had somebody break into my car about 6 years ago. they destroyed my window and entire dashboard ($300 to repair) to steal a FUCKING STOCK RADIO that couldn't have been worth more than five bucks. No CD player or even a tape player. AND THE FUCKER STOLE MY CIGARETTES. 

They were after the cigarettes, the rest was to throw off the cops.

Years ago my friends parents house was broken into while he was still living at home.  The people that did this really did their homework and had to have been casing the house for a while because they knew when everyone left for work, pulled up in some kind of work van so neighbors wouldn't be suspicious and stole thousands of dollars worth of TV's, computer equipment, jewelry and so on.  Insurance covered most of it but you can't replace jewelry that had been handed down for generations or the fact that they felt violated having someone in their house going through all their belongings. 

2 hours ago, cezero said:

i hate thieves

Well you shouldn't smoke. He did you a favor

We were broken into 2.5 years ago. Took my iPad, a camera, two laptops, my passport, spare car keys, and all three of our social security cards. It wasn't difficult to replace things but it was a PITA to replace the passport. It was also expensive. Still haven't replaced the car keys, which is another expensive deal. Had to have our house re-keyed, which was done the next day. Had a friend from here step up and replace our computer, which meant the world to us.

Police thought it was likely a kid looking to sell quickly for drug money, which is an issue here in Glendale. I went through the five stages of grief and was ready to beat the ever living crap out of this punk if I ever found him.

we have renters insurance now but didn't at the time. Would've helped in replacing a few things. If you don't have it, we recommend that you get it.

we recently added an alarm system to our house and sleep easier about things.

11 hours ago, Schildog said:

Funny how this always seems to be the case.

I've been broken into 3 times I think. Not sure it was always kids but at least once I'm pretty sure it was.

When I was in college my apartment was broken into. I was just a kid myself and didn't have much of value. Whoever it was found my unused checks (there were no debit cards back then) and stole the book of checks at the bottom of the box. Then had the balls to go to my bank and forge my signature on a check. Back in those days you could get away with that I guess. Anyway the bank covered the loss, about $100.

Another time we were remodeling our house so my car was parked out in front instead of the garage. Somebody forced the lock on the trunk and congrats! Empty trunk which is always the case with my cars.

The most recent was probably 20 years ago somebody broke into our house. Got in through a bathroom window that had a broken latch. Started to steal my stereo system but my dog was probably going crazy in the back yard so they took my CD collection and left in a hurry.

Years and years ago I had someone break into my car, steal some change out of the center console and what I found funny...rifled through the CDs in a cd case and only took some of them, instead of just taking the whole case. Guess they didn't like 80's indie music.

This is one of the reasons why I don't get mad at the dogs when they bark. Anyone who comes near our property they don't know, we know about it. It's like the hounds of hell. The only downside is we have so many flippin' skunks in our neighborhood right now we have to keep them inside unless monitored, because they still think it's awesome to get sprayed at 11pm at night.

38 minutes ago, Blarg said:

A box of Baking soda, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and two tablespoons of Dawn dishwashing soap gets rid of the skunk oil on the dog. 

yep...we have a costco level stock of those supplies in house...not necessarily 100% and it sucks ass doing it at 11pm

many years ago i was going through a rough spell personally and had to resort to some petty theft to make ends meet. i broke into some guy's car hoping i could score, but this poor schlub (i think he may have been asian) had nothing of value in his car. i took his paltry amount of loose change from the center console, and it was then i noticed he had a bunch of cds. i rifled through them only to discover it was a bunch of pathetic indie music from the 80s. i took just a couple of discs (barry manilow's greatest hits, vol. 2 and electric light orchestra) that weren't indies music and gave them to some chick i was dating. i figured the car owner was probably a lib democrat ginger, too.