• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

house broken into

I've had my house broken into several years ago, I know the violation people feel.  

The worst was when my parents home was broken into.  My mom had passed away, and my father was in a home.  I was really glad that I had told my sister that my mom's jewelry was hers (my mom told me that she wanted her to have it).  The robbers had realized no one was there (periodically my sister would come inspect the home). 

They had cut the lock on the garage door and put their own on it.  They had taken their time and went through the whole house.  They really didn't get much.  My mom's inexpensive stereo, a bedroom tv, my nephews PlayStation, a slew of stuffed animals (?), my dad's tools.  They had moved one of the kitchen chairs to the attic opening (probably trying find the good stuff). 

They didn't steal the most valuable item in the house - the living room tv.  Of course it was so heavy that the guys from Stonehenge would have complained about moving it. They did take the remote though. 

One time I was stretching or something at the YMCA pool and my trunks split from front crotch area to butt, like almost in half

whatever, I threw them in the locker without a lock, took a shower to change into gym clothes and when I came back someone stole those busted swim trunks 

7 hours ago, notherhalo said:

One time I was stretching or something at the YMCA pool and my trunks split from front crotch area to butt, like almost in half

whatever, I threw them in the locker without a lock, took a shower to change into gym clothes and when I came back someone stole those busted swim trunks 

Id imagine theres a lot of crotchless trunks in the shower area at the Y.

The worst part of being broken into is calling the cops.

They come and pretend to do some fancy CSI shit by spreading black fingerprint dust all over everything.

Nothing ever comes of it except now you have a god awful mess to clean up.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:19 PM, Taggart said:

yeah, true story. i remember house shopping after the crash and came across a bunch of homes that were stripped of copper. the wildest one i heard of was people going underneath cars and stealing peoples catalytic converters to sell for scrap.

That was going on huge for awhile. We still get them occasionally.

The copper wire thing was huge too for a long time. Ranged from straight tweakers taking out small business stuff, to guys who looked legit with the boom trucks and helmets and safety vests...we obviously never even noticed them because they looked legit.

Shaved keys are huge right now...any asshole can make one pretty simple...fit most older cars...

4 hours ago, Jay said:

They come and pretend to do some fancy CSI shit by spreading black fingerprint dust all over everything.

Youd be suprised how many dna and fingerprint hits we get...the problem is most good crooks know to wear gloves...

Sorry about the mess...

5 hours ago, Jay said:

The worst part for us was cleaning up after the punk emptied drawers and turned over furniture. He even broke one of our lamps. 

We called police and they came and made a report. We lost a really nice kitchen knife that the cops took into evidence for DNA because the scum-sucking punk used it to try and jimmy a couple of locks. We finally replaced the knife this Christmas.

we used the "find my iPhone" feature but the punk disabled our electronics pretty quickly and we never found them. 

We never really had any hope of ever recovering our things, but we're okay because everything has been replaced at this point.