• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Arte

eligrba

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Obviously that is the realm of speculation. Amateur signings have been terrible across the board, but the team didn't seem focused on those areas either. Budget allocation under DiPoto and Reagins was abhorrent. It had nothing to do with the amount of money spent and everything to do with how it was spent. Spending less does not improve the franchise, spending better will.

Where do you think we would be today if Arte had put his full unconditional operational trust in Theo and Hoyer in 2011 instead of Dipoto? 

9 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Where do you think we would be today if Arte had put his full unconditional operational trust in Theo and Hoyer in 2011 instead of Dipoto? 

Who cares?  Who thinks Theo would want to be in Anaheim?  Who says he wouldn't have signed Albert?  Maybe he trades Trout.  If you are going to speculate then we can all speculate.  

9 hours ago, CALZONE said:

You're right, who cares? 

Well you are basing your theory off of whether or not we would be in a better place if Arte hired the best in the business.  Of course Theo would improve the team, but you forget that Theo would have to want to come here.  You also assume he wouldn't make mistakes.  Do I need to remind you how much shit you give me because I wanted the Angels to sign Heyward?  Guess who signed Heyward, Theo, the dude you are praising.  So who is to say, since we are playing hypotheticals here that Theo wouldn't have started his tenure with a bang and signed Albert?  Also in this entire thread you treat Arte as a victim because he spent money and his players didn't perform and that he let his baseball guys make the decisions.  Well in your fantasy world where Arte calls Theo while he was working with the Red Sox, who gets the blame for Theo not being here?  Is it Arte for not being able to make it happen because he probably never made the call?  Is it Reagins who you defend all the time?  Is it Scioscia because he has too much power, power that he has been given by Arte?  So when I say who cares, it is solely based on you creating this idea that didn't happen.  If it helps any I am still pissed the Angels didn't draft Ken Griffey Junior with the first pick in the draft that the Angels didn't have.  

38 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

so, to be clear.  The Angels don't have to worry but losing their 1st round pick if they sign a FA because of their shittiness last year right ?

The Angels lose their 2nd round pick if they choose a free agent that received a qualifying offer . Otherwise they don't jeopardize any pick. Just like any other year for any other team that played poorly like the Astros did for 8 year's  straight.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well you are basing your theory off of whether or not we would be in a better place if Arte hired the best in the business.  Of course Theo would improve the team, but you forget that Theo would have to want to come here.  You also assume he wouldn't make mistakes.  Do I need to remind you how much shit you give me because I wanted the Angels to sign Heyward?  Guess who signed Heyward, Theo, the dude you are praising.  So who is to say, since we are playing hypotheticals here that Theo wouldn't have started his tenure with a bang and signed Albert?  Also in this entire thread you treat Arte as a victim because he spent money and his players didn't perform and that he let his baseball guys make the decisions.  Well in your fantasy world where Arte calls Theo while he was working with the Red Sox, who gets the blame for Theo not being here?  Is it Arte for not being able to make it happen because he probably never made the call?  Is it Reagins who you defend all the time?  Is it Scioscia because he has too much power, power that he has been given by Arte?  So when I say who cares, it is solely based on you creating this idea that didn't happen.  If it helps any I am still pissed the Angels didn't draft Ken Griffey Junior with the first pick in the draft that the Angels didn't have.  

Can you imagine how good had we re-signed Nolan Ryan

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I sure hope the new CBA is approved by Wednesday evening.   Then, we can finally see what the plan is for this off-season.

We already know the plan ... which is to get better. They'll be knocking on many doors.

Second base is a priority ... and pitching is always a concern. I don't see any big contracts in the horizon unless they sign Justin Turner.

Maybin Chavez Bailey is a good start. 

On November 26, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Blarg said:

The farm requires draft picks. 10th pick in the second round is important to that growth so giving it up better be for a guaranteed quality player .

Recently free agency has been a crap shoot where guys you expected to do well flopped the last couple years. We all know the Hamilton fiasco but other teams are getting whacked with over commitments and getting marginal returns. 

Thin free agent market means Turner and Jansen are getting over paid so I would be damn skeptical of either being worth the payroll tie up for actually 2nd tier players at superstar money.

I'd rather keep the draft pick even if it is the second round.

You're talking about a guy who will be the 50th? pick in the draft because they give out competitive balance picks after the first round. While that is may end up being an important piece, draft pick compensation may just be gone in the new CBA. Also, here are the Angels last 2nd rounders to make the majors.

2009: Pat Corbin

2008: Tyler Chatwood

2002: Kevin Jepsen

2001: Dallas McPhereson

1999: John Lackey

1995: Jarrod Washburn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/index.cgi?team_ID=ANA&draft_round=2&draft_type=junreg&query_type=franch_round

15 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Just state it Claude, whatever the team does, you will not like it.  Simply due to the fact that you aren't a fan of the Angels.

I'm a fan of an Angels youth movement. Signing all of these guys with one or two seasons left in them is counterproductive. If we are in a position ( like 1st place in late August ) and we need a temporary player without too much commitment attached then I could see acquiring guys like that. We are trying to build a team around Trout so a 38 year old Utley would be a stupid acquisition. MT, which direction do you want the Angels to go? Do you want them to temporarily compete in the short term or build a sustainable team? 

Haven't we seen enough of these remedy temp players roll through here the past seven seasons? 

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

I'm a fan of an Angels youth movement. Signing all of these guys with one or two seasons left in them is counterproductive. If we are in a position ( like 1st place in late August ) and we need a temporary player without too much commitment attached then I could see acquiring guys like that. We are trying to build a team around Trout so a 38 year old Utley would be a stupid acquisition. MT, which direction do you want the Angels to go? Do you want them to temporarily compete in the short term or build a sustainable team? 

Haven't we seen enough of these remedy temp players roll through here the past seven seasons? 

I'm a fan of winning ... Cubs knew their youth wasn't going to get them to the promised land. 

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

I know you didn't ask me but I'm in the camp of the Angels doing both.  Signing utley to a 1 or 2yr contract for example will not break us.  It will give us the opportunity to look for a long term replacement (maybe it's Fletcher) and still compete.  If we don't sign anyone and somehow how find ourselves competing then that will require us to trade away prospects for a guy like utley.....when we could have just signed him to a low risk 1 or 2 yr deal.  I'm not advocating either way on utley just used him as an example.  Long story short, I'm cool with 1 or 2yr contracts while we build up the farm unless we can get a longer term piece like Turner.