• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

A's sign Plouffe ... they traded Valencia to Seattle for SP Blackburn.

Signed Raja Davis too

They have been working the saber metric magic.

or something.  

Vogt will be gone soon and if Gray shows signs of being normal again, he'll be gone too.  Wouldn't surprise me if they traded Semien soon as well.  Khris Davis is bait for sure.  

Healy is a nice player.  Manaea is good as well.  Jharel Cotton could be good.  

They're the type of team that could surprise and win 80 games because of their young pitching but just as easily lose 100.  

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

If the Orioles aren't interested anymore and Trumbo's market has collapsed (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/01/mark-trumbo-rumors-three-years-orioles.html), would you consider trading Cron for a decent starting pitcher and signing Trumbo?

I would be okay with this scenario. Power bats are relatively inexpensive in this year's market. Find a trade partner that does not want to expend a lot of cash on a bat and flip Cron if you prefer. You made me go look at Trumbo again and now I am considering writing a Hypothetical for him now too. :D

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'll complain if he does well.  Now I hope he gets shelled, but I think he could be a nice add and I would have like the halos to consider him.

I made it known often how I was very much not interested in Ross, but at $6m, I would have been much more warm to it. 

Big reason he signed with Texas though is because they have had a lot of history with pitchers dealing with TOS though, so he may have taken a bit less to play there. I'll still be surprised if he pitches any great amount of time effectively this year.

The Orioles DFAed Adam Walker to make room for Trumbo.

Walker is a big dude, 6'5", 225, right handed hitter with massive power and a ton of K's. Most of his time has been in right field, but he's seen some time in LF as well. Could probably learn some 1B. Just turned 25. The Twins have bumped him up a level each year, and he's been consistent year in and year out - usually hitting around his career line of .250/.310/.486/.796. That's actually the exact same line Marte put up in Anaheim last year, give or take a digit. 

Would love to see the Angels get Walker and stick him in LF in Salt Lake. He would put up huge numbers and function as great trade bait or a potential LF option next year, and make any potential Cron/Marte/Thaiss deal that comes up a little easier to swallow. It would be a move with 2018 more in mind, but Eppler just did that by signing Valbuena.

Brett Eibner was also DFAed, an he too would be someone I'd have interest in for SLC. Walker, Eibner, LaMarre, and Flores would be very good AAA OF depth. Cowart, Marte, Johnson, Fontana and Navarro would be sufficient IF depth too. If they happened to add Wieters, your catching depth is Perez and Sanchez at SLC, but even now with Arcia and Graterol also in the fold, t's solid.  We already know about all the pitching depth. 

Just like that, the AAA team wouldn't look too bad.