• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Turner in talks with Dodgers 4/64M or 16M per..... An 11M dollar raise!.... For a guy that hadn't hit more than 4 home runs before coming to LA. 

And blew up from 7 - 16 - 27 with more playing time.

i'd give him that deal in a minute. that's actually pretty affordable and with almost no exposure to risk.

4/64 is a damn good deal for Turner and I would have to believe any other team would've needed to top that to land him. 5/80 for Jansen is about right and even with the very poor track record of reliever deals working out, the guy has been on a different level than most relievers in the past.

I'm pretty envious of the Dodgers situation now. For a while, it looked like they could lose Turner, Jansen and Hill and they ended up with all 3, which means they basically need to plug 1 hole and keep their insane farm system intact. 

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Derek Holland to Chi Sox~

Interesting if he gets healthy could bring more prospects in July or Trade deadline!

1/6.  Not a bad deal.  

The CWS designated Matt Purke for assignment.  Lefty former top prospect that was oft injured.  Had some success AAA last year.  struggled in the majors.  Bet we try to pick him up.  

3 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

The Rangers are planning to watch free-agent outfielder Josh Hamilton work out prior to Christmas, reports Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. If everything checks out, Texas will consider signing Hamilton to a minor league pact, GM Jon Daniels tells Wilson.

mlbtraderumors

wtf

Wonder if the Angels will have reps there?

We do need a fourth outfielder.. he does bat left handed 

Right-hander Brad Ziegler is weighing multiple offers and could make a decision in the near future, reports SB Nation’s Chris Cotillo (Twitter link). Ziegler seemingly has multi-year offers on the table — not a surprise in this relief market — and could end up with either a two-year deal (plus an option) or three years, he adds.

mlbtraderumors

hmmm

I doubt they're in on Ziegler. He's got some gaudy numbers and that is going to result in one of the richer and lengthier relief contracts this offseason. Eppler doesn't seem to want to take on that level of risk. If he go with someone for multiple years and good money, I would bet it would be someone a little cheaper and younger. 

20 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Feliz still seems to make the most sense.

Feliz makes me very, very nervous. His FIP was 4.52, so he benefitted from some good luck and defense last year. His k/9 spiked dramatically and his h/9 dipped dramatically. The last times his numbers had a comparable trend was his rookie season, and last year was his first season in the NL, so he had some unfamiliarity working in his favor. He was very mediocre in several seasons before, and the AL West in particular is very familiar with him. And he always had some questionable conditioning/character issues. I would take him on a one-year deal, but someone is going to offer him more than that. 

For right handed relievers, I like Junichi Tazawa, Luke Hochevar, and Drew Storen.  Jim Henderson would be my 'bargain' option as he would bring some much needed K/9 to the pen.

For lefties, I liked Dunn, but he's off the board now. Blevins, Logan, or Howell are all intriguing. I still like Cahill or Feldman in a long-relief/spot starter role as well.

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Feliz makes me very, very nervous. His FIP was 4.52, so he benefitted from some good luck and defense last year. His k/9 spiked dramatically and his h/9 dipped dramatically. The last times his numbers had a comparable trend was his rookie season, and last year was his first season in the NL, so he had some unfamiliarity working in his favor. He was very mediocre in several seasons before, and the AL West in particular is very familiar with him. And he always had some questionable conditioning/character issues. I would take him on a one-year deal, but someone is going to offer him more than that. 

For right handed relievers, I like Junichi Tazawa, Luke Hochevar, and Drew Storen.  Jim Henderson would be my 'bargain' option as he would bring some much needed K/9 to the pen.

For lefties, I liked Dunn, but he's off the board ow. Blevins, Logan, or Howell are all intriguing. I still like Cahill or Feldman in a long-relief/spot starter role as well.

I think Chavez will fill that role unless he is in the rotation permanently.

9 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I think Chavez will fill that role unless he is in the rotation permanently.

I can see them plucking another long reliever still, especially if they don't bring in another reliever, which is possible with how expensive these arms are going for. 

If you can get Cahill for a deal comparable to Chavez I like thhave idea of alternating them based on performance, or even treating them as a sort of piggy-back option.