• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

22 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Great Deal for Nova!Still a 4-5M per raise!! Which is still a little surprising with his history of arm issues.... Someone around here said he was getting 14-22M per.....? 

Someone also said that if the Angels offered him 3 and $30 million that the Yankees would swoop in and sign him. 

I think that's a fair price for Nova.  He's a #4 in a good rotation but comes with some risk.  You either believe he's the 2013 and late 2016 guy or the 2014/2015 and early 2016 guy.  

He walked 3 batters in 64.2 innings with the pirates and had an elevated babip.  He has also regained his velocity to pre TJ levels.  A really good bet here for the pirates.  I'd have been happy if we got him for this price.  At the same time, Eppler knows this guy so it could be he steered clear for a reason.  Although I think that reason is Arte's wallet.  

We are at $158 mil right now.  I think we'll add a 1yr deal for 3-4mil on a reserve OFer.  Plus I think we'll have an eye on some left over relievers that could cost another 2-3mil.  Which will put us at $165 to open the year.  

Nova would have pushed it to about $175 which I just don't see Arte going to right now.  

Cahill really would be a nice fit for us.  He was 91-94 touching near 96 out of the pen last year.  Another guy who could fit into a role of pitching multiple innings.  GB rate was 56.6%.  

With the difference in CA tax laws, we probably would have had to go to 3/28 for Nova. 

I think we should try to sign Revere as a 4th OF.  With a player like Revere, I'd be comfortable giving him at least 400 ab's between the 3 OF spots and the DH spot.  Kind of similar with what we did with Rex Hudler and Tony Phillips back in the day.

I'm not pissed off at Arte.   Hackilton's Animal House behavior helped to screw things up.

I just hope Arte isn't afraid to start spending again after the 2018 season, when the real good FAs class (just signing no over 30s to big contracts) takes center stage, he can pursue the better foreign players, payroll may be down to around $120 million AAV, and Pujols only has 3 years/$87 million left on his contract.

3 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

With the difference in CA tax laws, we probably would have had to go to 3/28 for Nova. 

I think we should try to sign Revere as a 4th OF.  With a player like Revere, I'd be comfortable giving him at least 400 ab's between the 3 OF spots and the DH spot.  Kind of similar with what we did with Rex Hudler and Tony Phillips back in the day.

Revere, Cahill, and a reliever and finally bring this offseason to an end

14 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I would think he signs when he thinks he can get the best deal...

Yes but there's also some that want this off their minds come the holidays.  Also do you really think with the quality of players left there's a scenario where one of them becomes more valuable?