• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

I hope Eppler is paying attention...

The Yankees have received trade inquiries about both third baseman Chase Headley and left fielder Brett Gardner, GM Brian Cashman told reporters (including MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch).  “They’re still here and they’re here for a reason, but we’ll see,” Cashman said.  “We have our interest in getting younger and stronger and more flexible, and improve our present and our future.  If all that provides that opportunity, then I think I’ll be talking to our owner and see if he’ll consider it.”

Eppler needs to take the same approach. 

2 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I hope Eppler is paying attention...

The Yankees have received trade inquiries about both third baseman Chase Headley and left fielder Brett Gardner, GM Brian Cashman told reporters (including MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch).  “They’re still here and they’re here for a reason, but we’ll see,” Cashman said.  “We have our interest in getting younger and stronger and more flexible, and improve our present and our future.  If all that provides that opportunity, then I think I’ll be talking to our owner and see if he’ll consider it.”

Eppler needs to take the same approach. 

We have two expensive players that are active on the roster, one can't be traded and the other is Mike Trout.  Curious how you think Eppler can take the same approach.  

16 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:
  • Jeff Mathis has received interest from several clubs but the Marlins aren’t yet one of them.  Jackson feels the Fish may yet still look to bring back the veteran catcher, noting that the team didn’t re-sign him until mid-December last offseason.

"Billy, I'll never ask for another thing if you just sign this guy...he is the missing piece, best defensive catcher ever..."

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

We have two expensive players that are active on the roster, one can't be traded and the other is Mike Trout.  Curious how you think Eppler can take the same approach.  

Yankees have Arod, Ellsbury,, Tanaka and Sabbathia's contracts to deal with. A year from now,they will be rid of Arod and Sabathia. Tanaka's contract isn't considered to be bad. Though Ellsbury's deal at this point might be considered to be untradeable.

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Just pick up Soto for another year. He'll be cheap.

i actually like soto quite a bit, but he was derailed by injuries all year. i wouldn't be opposed to resigning him for another year, if they feel he's over his injuries. i'm also just fine moving forward with a bandy/perez combo.

i have no interest in ever seeing mathis play at all, much less in an angel uniform.