• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Uniform changes?

mpcincal

i could live with that, arch.

someone else made mention of the uni's in the 90s where the road colors emphasized the blue and really downplayed the red. i liked those, too, and think they could do something with that with the current uniform.

I don't think the red as the "main color" for the Angels is going to go away for a long time.

I also don't get why people want to change the uniforms when you have teams like the Doyers and Stankees and Sux and Royals keeping the same ones for so long. What we have looks very nice and classy. I just don't want to turn into the DBacks or Marlins, where changing the uniforms and logos becomes expected every 10 years. The throwbacks the Angels do on specific nights every so often kinda fills that gap of a "new uniform" for me.

I think the only thing I'd go for is a blue cap, with a red bill, and the same logo. And the gold Halo like for their 50th should be standard on the jersey and on the hat. It just looked so much better that way. 

21 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Los Angeles was on the 1961-1965 unis.

1961-64 I believe.  When construction of the Big A started they dropped the Los Angeles from the road uni.  I like the geographical location on the caps and road unis.  I think an LA cap would sell like hotcakes.  I think the Phillies and the Rays AND CARDINALS are the only ones other than the Angels without it on the road jersey.

Edited by California Cajun
Added AND CARDINALS

they should just leave it alone.  I think the primary red makes for a nice contrast to our friends in Chavez Ravine - blue is their color, let them have it.  We have a nice distinctive logo also (i'd be good with the halo being gold on anniversary years).  In my mind anyway the best baseball uni's are the simplest and cleanest.  Our home whites hit on that perfectly.  I think it helps strengthen the brand overall when some sense of tradition is established and the look of the team is an important part of that.  Changing uniforms and logo's every 10 years does not help that cause. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 hours ago, Tank said:

love this jersey!

i'd like to see them change the red A on top of a red cap. keep the bill red but make the cap blue. you can then keep the red A. I'd still like to see them bring back the halo on the hat. Always loved this.

images-1.jpeg

images.jpeg

I like those sleeveless jerseys for day games. I would replace ANGELS across the front on those, with the primary logo enlarged on one side.

Also like the blue crown hat with red bill idea. Maybe add blue sleeves worn under the sleeveless jersey?

Maybe a secondary logo arm patch on the sleeved night game jerseys, like a blimp with fat Trout face.

2 hours ago, ELEVEN said:

I like those sleeveless jerseys for day games. I would replace ANGELS across the front on those, with the primary logo enlarged on one side.

Also like the blue crown hat with red bill idea. Maybe add blue sleeves worn under the sleeveless jersey?

like this idea of the blue sleeves.

16 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I never want to see the words Los Angeles on our uniforms ever ever again. Screw that crap hole skid stain bum of a city. We put up with LAA in the standings and during games, and thats bad enough. 

Except the team was originally called LA Angels and has been called Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim for the last decade. It would be embarrassing to switch back to Anaheim or California or to change it to another name. As another person mentioned earlier in this thread, it'd be nice to keep some tradition with this team and I feel that since the org has gone through the route of "Los Angeles" in their branding, they should stick with it.

I would say they need to drop "of Anaheim" and just outright become the Los Angeles Angels.

3 hours ago, halofanfare said:

Except the team was originally called LA Angels and has been called Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim for the last decade. It would be embarrassing to switch back to Anaheim or California or to change it to another name. As another person mentioned earlier in this thread, it'd be nice to keep some tradition with this team and I feel that since the org has gone through the route of "Los Angeles" in their branding, they should stick with it.

Yah bro welcome to the forum giving a history lesson 23 posts in like it's never been discussed here before what they were originally called. Except it has nothing to do with today, at this point in time, where they're in a different location 20+ miles from that dump of a city.

And I don't see any "branding" anywhere in or around the stadium that includes the words Los Angeles on it. You dont hear broadcasters or the announcer at the stadium ever say Los Angeles. The only time it's even referenced is on TV where the score is and even then it just says LAA.

Just now, CaliAngel said:

Yah bro welcome to the forum giving a history lesson 23 posts in like it's never been discussed here before what they were originally called. Except it has nothing to do with today, at this point in time, where they're in a different location 20+ miles from that dump of a city.

And I don't see any "branding" anywhere in or around the stadium that includes the words Los Angeles on it. You dont hear broadcasters or the announcer at the stadium ever say Los Angeles. The only time it's even referenced is on TV where the score is and even then it just says LAA.

Nothing like a welcoming post for a newbie.  

Sheesh

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

You have some hate for LA, I get it, okay cool bro.

What do you want them to be called? California Angels? Anaheim Angels? Orange County Angels? Katella Avenue Angels?

Go google any news source and they're referred to as "Los Angeles Angels" by most media sources (example http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17797876/garrett-richards-los-angeles-angels-sees-progress-healing-elbow). Anaheim is still part of the greater LA area and market even if it's not specifically in LA County. I think the Angels should stick with the current name, logo, uniforms cause that's how they've presented themselves for the last 10 years and it's cool to keep it going, just like how the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers have generally had the same logo, name, design over their history. You go through all this effort to change your name and try to reach the LA market...and then have it undone? What a waste.

You say it has nothing to do with today, but I argue it does because the Angels still represent the LA market in the American League. It is relevant.

On 10/19/2016 at 10:49 AM, California Cajun said:

I think the Phillies and the Rays AND CARDINALS are the only ones other than the Angels without it on the road jersey.

Oddly, the Cardinals have a variation of the home jersey with St. Louis on the front. Strange, because the city is usually reserved for road uniforms.

St__louis_cardinals-2013-new-alt-jersey.