• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Designated Survivor

LOL

Kiefer Sutherland portrays Tom Kirkman, who is a low level cabinet member when the series begins.   He is named one of two Designated Survivors in the event of a catastrophe that kills the POTUS and all possible successors.   The first episode is where a terrorist bomb goes off while the president is addressing Congress.   All seemingly die in the explosion.   Kirkman is then sworn in as president, and has to hastily put together a cabinet and support staff.

Common courtesy (That thread will always live on.) keeps me from giving away the next 3 episodes.

It's actually a solid show.

Excellent series.

Love the different power struggles and political back stabbing that continues even though most of the power players are all dead. Washington being Washington.

Anyone else kind of hope that this really happens when our new president gets sworn in next January.  Haha, just kidding all you federal folk who monitor the interwebs (if I don't post anymore, look for a local news story about a middle aged man shot dead sitting on a park bench and that will probably be me). 

9 hours ago, IEAngelfan said:

Excellent series.

Love the different power struggles and political back stabbing that continues even though most of the power players are all dead. Washington being Washington.

Anyone else kind of hope that this really happens when our new president gets sworn in next January.  Haha, just kidding all your federal folk who monitor the interwebs (if I don't post anymore, look for a local news story about a middle aged man who committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head while shot dead sitting on a park bench and that will probably be me). 

Fixed.  Although, in Whittier, you can commit suicide by shooting yourself in the chest also. 

I liked the pilot episode.

The second episode got a little "preachy" with a rogue governor, racial profiling and police beating law-abiding Muslims.

The third episode was better but of course the mean old Republican torpedoed the President's eulogy. Predictable I guess that the President would be a non-political guy who "just wants to help people" and a Democrat.

Haven't seen the fourth episode yet.