• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wells Fargo

This is nice.  From Bloomberg:

‘Not Material’

The bank hadn’t disclosed the investigation in recent regulatory filings.

“Each quarter we consider all available relevant and appropriate facts and circumstances in determining whether a litigation matter is material and disclosed in our public filings,” Mary Eshet, a Wells Fargo spokeswoman, said in an e-mail. “Based upon that review, we determined that the matter was not material.”

My wife was a Well's Financial Advisor, which is separate from the bank. She had similar pressure from the corporate giant to get loans for her clients to reach bonuses. Fortunately my wife has enough integrity to only do what is in her client's best interest and gave up those bonuses. She is now independent and much, much happier.

20 hours ago, Ray McKigney said:

This isn't surprising. Sucks that they're only paying $5 million to customers. Seems like it should be more.

The State prosecutors will split up the rest of the money in bonuses, and some will go into the state slush funds, and not one banker will go to jail.

It's a sweet deal for everyone involved except the lied to, ripped off, consumer.

Worked as a personal banker from 2012-2013. Everything the Wells and that twat Eshet say that didn't happen is a bold faced lie. I worked in sales for three years after and never felt more sales pressure than when I was there. All for 35k in salary and a max of about 10-15k in commissions. 

The shady bankers would call some of the stuff that's being released in these stories as the "gray area"; where the white is legal and black area is totally illegal (I know that sounds racist... Don't shoot the messenger). In order to be successful, bankers had to live in the gray area. I only hit commission once in my time at Wells because I didn't believe in the practices they were preaching. "Open vacation accounts" or "your customer has a credit card offer, call him/her day or night and make sure you close. If he/she says no, then call in two weeks and ask again." 

I'm part of the class action lawsuit for Personal Bankers against Wells that was filed a while back. For those who haven't heard about that, the suit claims that Wells forced bankers to stay after hours on Saturdays (branches close at 4) to make sales calls without pay for those hours. So if our schedule included working on Saturday, we would only be allowed to post a 38 hour work week on out time card. All of which is absolutely true and absolutely bull shit. 

Pretty much any of the "Big" banks, Wells, BofA, Chase have the same procedures....I used to work at BofA, one of the lower points in my life, and we had an employee who was a 'graduate' of one of the local re-hab houses.  The branch manager would make him drive to the re-hab house, bring in a few clients so we could open new accounts for these people.  Other times, I would be dealing with a death of a spouse, and when the customer left, I was hammered over why I didn't open a new account, or ensure they had a new credit card....Banks are pretty much the devil.  Worse than used car salesmen.

A major reason I was not in favor of bailing out the banks during the mortgage crisis is because to me it seemed like if they could get away with that, they would feel invincible and feel like they could get away with anything. It's a dangerous thing for banks to have no accountability at all.

And here we are.

I would expect this type of stuff to continue for a very long time. They know what they're doing.

The amazing thing about banks is they can overtly do stuff that makes their customer service/experience worse.  I got a letter from Chase last week about my car loan saying that members using autopay that make a partial payment during the month will no longer have an auto pay transaction of the prorated remaining amount due, instead it will still take out the full amount.  It wont effect me, the whole reason I am on autopay is so I don't have to deal with making payments to them, but that is just a strange decision to make.