• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Texas maternal mortality rate doubled

"From 2000 to the end of 2010, Texas’s estimated maternal mortality rate hovered between 17.7 and 18.6 per 100,000 births. But after 2010, that rate had leaped to 33 deaths per 100,000, and in 2014 it was 35.8. Between 2010 and 2014, more than 600 women died for reasons related to their pregnancies.

In 2011, just as the spike began, the Texas state legislature cut $73.6m from the state’s family planning budget of $111.5m. The two-thirds cut forced more than 80 family planning clinics to shut down across the state. "

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/20/texas-maternal-mortality-rate-health-clinics-funding

16 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Laws rarely make things better and they almost always have unintended consequences.

Nate, you are ridiculous.

Except that many people were saying what the consequences of these laws would be and they were correct.  If you ignore the warnings the consequences are not unintended. 

6 minutes ago, Glen said:

Except that many people were saying what the consequences of these laws would be and they were correct.  If you ignore the warnings the consequences are not unintended. 

You do realize the futility of arguing about lives being lost due to restrictive abortion laws to anyone on the pro-life side, right?  You are kind of playing into their hand more than the other way around.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You do realize the futility of arguing about lives being lost due to restrictive abortion laws to anyone on the pro-life side, right?  You are kind of playing into their hand more than the other way around.

It's my head. I'll beat it against the wall if I so choose. 

Just now, Glen said:

It's my head. I'll beat it against the wall if I so choose. 

It's just a good example of why the pro-life side has made strides against RvW. The opposite side has really lost a single coherent voice and are losing the ideological battles. Say what you will about the crazies stalking and harassing the patients at Planned Parenthood but the have a unified message which is more than the pro-choice side can say right now!

Abortion is pretty much the only topic that I still lean conservative on. That being said, I've never met a pro-life person who doesn't support abortion when the mother's life is in danger. These laws are clearly missing the mark if they're causing mothers to die.

• 8 months later...