• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reasons to watch the Angels & carry optimism forward

• Mike Trout (duh)
  • Tyler Skaggs
  • Matt Shoemaker
  • Cam Bedrosian in the role of the closer
  • Andrelton Simmons' defense & encouraging signs w/ the bat
  • Watching Pujols break home run records as an Angel
  • Jett Bandy 
  • The return of C.J. Cron
  • What Alex Meyer brings
  • Yunel Escobar's hunt for a batting title (slim chance, but good to see him in the top 5)
  • The development of Choi & Marte
  • Saying goodbye to all-time Angels & Giants greats, Lincecum & Weaver
  • Garrett Richards elbow (crosses fingers)
  • Hoping the Angels go on a run and finish ahead of Dipoto's Mariners
  • Kaleb Cowart's continued success as a prospect
  • Our prospects & 2016 amateur draftees seemed to have given the farm a BIG BOOST going forward! 

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

From what Jeff said in his facebook video chat, It doesn't seem like the team is all that interested in giving Cowart the everyday job at any given point.  But I am and I really hope they change their mind.  

Yeah, that was an interesting comment, and I've been thinking about it a lot.  Specifically he said that the team knows everything they need to know about Caleb.  Things were pretty cool on Bandy for a long time too, but so far he looks great to me, especially for a guy ranked so low on the prospect list.  Maybe Caleb will step up like Jett.

21 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

From what Jeff said in his facebook video chat, It doesn't seem like the team is all that interested in giving Cowart the everyday job at any given point.  But I am and I really hope they change their mind.  

I don't get that at all. Cowart has good defense and was hitting as good if not better than Bandy this season. He's still fairly young too. 

Also, in addition to playing 3B he has played 2B, SS, 1B and LF. Maybe with his arm they should give him a crack in LF to finish off the season in AAA.

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Yeah I really want to see him get a legitimate shot. PECOTA predicts he falls short of becoming a league average hitter (a .246 true average is the best he gets projected for based on his in-season data) but, given his defensive value, he could still be a pretty useful MLB player.

2 minutes ago, ettin said:

Despite his defense it seems like the Angels don't view Cowart as the everyday guy. I think if they end up bringing him up they will platoon him with someone like Marte.

Yeah if we'd done the smart thing and traded Escobar I was really hoping to see a Marte/Cowart platoon at 3B.

Don't know if Marte walks enough or makes enough contact to really be counted on for an everyday role, but I think he's a great 1B/3B/DH/LF bench option, and when he gets on a hot streak can be a huge asset for a couple weeks. Sort of fills that old Jack Howell role, from the other side of the plate.

2018 when the rotation (at some time hopefully) will be Richards, Haney, Skaggs, Shoe and Tropeano. 

If the Angels can figure out 2B and LF by then and let Cowart have a chance at 3B the Angels should be very competitive.

2017 draft (hopefully top 5) and more toolsy prospects to go along with Thaiss, Ward, Jones, Marsh, Williams and other recent prospects.

Regarding Cowart, Scioscia has made it clear that his bat doesn't play at the major league level....so unless Scioscia leaves I don't see Cowart being part of the Angels.  Surprised they didn't try and trade him now while he's hitting at AAA. 

2 hours ago, ksangel said:

2018 when the rotation (at some time hopefully) will be Richards, Haney, Skaggs, Shoe and Tropeano. 

If the Angels can figure out 2B and LF by then and let Cowart have a chance at 3B the Angels should be very competitive.

2017 draft (hopefully top 5) and more toolsy prospects to go along with Thaiss, Ward, Jones, Marsh, Williams and other recent prospects.

Regarding Cowart, Scioscia has made it clear that his bat doesn't play at the major league level....so unless Scioscia leaves I don't see Cowart being part of the Angels.  Surprised they didn't try and trade him now while he's hitting at AAA. 

Just curious.  Where did Scioscia say that?

There's very little to be excited about based on that list. I still watch and root for the Angels, but the future is bleak and I do not like the direction this team is heading.