• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USA Today Column: Gosnell's abortion atrocities no 'aberration'

That's an awful story.  Nevertheless, the title is a little bit misleading.  "Gosnell's abortion atrocities no 'aberration'" makes it seem like these kinds of grotesque procedures are happening all over the country.  They might not be aberrations for Gosnell, or his clinic in PA.  But I think it's safe to say that they would be considered an aberration outside of his clinic.  

That's an awful story.  Nevertheless, the title is a little bit misleading.  "Gosnell's abortion atrocities no 'aberration'" makes it seem like these kinds of grotesque procedures are happening all over the country.  They might not be aberrations for Gosnell, or his clinic in PA.  But I think it's safe to say that they would be considered an aberration outside of his clinic.  

This DayQuil is really screwing with me: now I'm seeing ghosts on the internet.

Last time Adam and Chad were posting in a thread together, they were supposed to see who had a higher IQ.

By the way, very sad story.

Oh, is that what he was referring to with the "i need to start studying" post?  It went right over my head. You guys have good memories. 

Did you read the whole article? Apparently stuff like this is reported across the country, but the government and Planned Parenthood are slow to step in and do anything. I don't think the average abortion clinic has baby feet in jars, but it does sound it's not uncommon for improper practices to go ignored because of political reasons.

Did you read the whole article? Apparently stuff like this is reported across the country, but the government and Planned Parenthood are slow to step in and do anything. I don't think the average abortion clinic has baby feet in jars, but it does sound it's not uncommon for improper practices to go ignored because of political reasons.

Actually, "stuff like" Gosnell isn't happening across the country.  That's an exaggeration.  Yes, there are aberations that need to be addressed right away but you make it sound like there are dozens of Gosnels all over the US. 

That is not what he made it sound like at all Glen.  

" Apparently stuff like this is reported across the country, but the government and Planned Parenthood are slow to step in and do anything. I don't think the average abortion clinic has baby feet in jars, but it does sound it's not uncommon for improper practices to go ignored because of political reasons."

He tries to walk away from it, but the first part of his quote definitely does. 

Yes, I read the whole article. According to wikipedia there were 1,793 abortion providers in the United States in 2008. Ten or so unsafe practices does not mean that we are dealing with a nationwide epidemic. I have no problem with people who are against abortion. It's a difficult issue to grapple with. But don't exaggerate the facts. I'm not saying that these are the only corrupt abortion clinics in the country--but they are the only ones mentioned in the article.  10 out of 1,793 is an aberration.  Furthermore, of those ten mentioned in the article, Gosnell's abominable acts are by far the most unscrupulous in nature.  I don't think you can compare the testimony of the poor girl who got victimized by Gosnell to Jayne Mitchell-Wirbrich's vague statement that her clinic in Delaware "was just unsafe.  I couldn't tell you how ridiculously unsafe it was."  Why can't she tell us?  I don't get it.  Is this a news article or a gossip column?  Regardless, I'm inclined to believe, that if there were detached baby feet involved, she probably would have been specific about it.  My point is: yes, it's tragic that "stuff like this," is being "reported across the country."  It's tragic for two reasons.  First, because nobody should ever be violated or abused the way that this Hawkins girl was.  But secondly, this is also a tragic story because it is a misrepresentation of reality and yet another indication that yellow journalism is taking the place of real, objective news. Gosnell's abortion atrocities is an aberration.  It's not a matter of opinion.  It's a matter of statistics.                                     

" Apparently stuff like this is reported across the country, but the government and Planned Parenthood are slow to step in and do anything. I don't think the average abortion clinic has baby feet in jars, but it does sound it's not uncommon for improper practices to go ignored because of political reasons."

He tries to walk away from it, but the first part of his quote definitely does. 

I apologize if I made it sound that way. What I meant to say was that politics might get in the way of reports against an abortion clinic, whereas reports against a pediatrician or surgeon would be addressed without question. This is how I read the article I posted.

I apologize if I made it sound that way. What I meant to say was that politics might get in the way of reports against an abortion clinic, whereas reports against a pediatrician or surgeon would be addressed without question. This is how I read the article I posted.

I think you are sadly mistaken to think that politics (amongst many other things) isn't involved in just about every aspect of the medical and pharmaceutical field when it comes to incident reporting.

• 2 weeks later...