• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Mr. Eppler: Buy, Don't Sell!

I'd say start remaking the bullpen now by getting an arm or two and trade Yunel and Santiago while their values are high. The offense is fine revolving around Calhoun, Trout, and Pujols and Cowart will add to a very good defense. Good Bullpen, ok starters, great defense, and a solid offense would probably be enough to compete next year.

I would kick the tires on Hellickson. With what's his face the GM over there now, he may have some Angels prospects on his radar he'd value more than the average GM. Since he's a rental, he would cost a little less. He'd be someone I would be open to signing this offseason too for back of the rotation.

26 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Sign Chapman and Jansen in the offseason. Convince Bartolo to retire a Halo. Find someone - anyone - who can play LF.

They might be trying out their new LF Ji-Man Choi.

59 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Us making the playoffs from where we currently sit would be an epic comeback.  To the point that it would go down in history as one of the greatest in history.  While I love the optimism, let's try to avoid giving up org currency for something totally unrealistic.  

It's not that bad 10 games out of wild card could happen

As much as I believe in Choi, I think him and Marte are best off counted on as bench/platoon bats next year than everyday starters. 

I really like the idea of Jon Jay. He should be cheap, doesn't strikeout much, good defense, good OBP. Would be good at 2nd or 7-9 in the lineup. He'd be easy to flip at next year's deadline too if he gets squeezed out.

Escobar, Jay, Trout, Pujols, Cron, Calhoun, Simmons, Perez/Bandy, Gia with Choi, Marte, Pennington, Petit on bench. Shoe, Skaggs, Santiago at the rotation. 

Really need pitching help and a LF.

1 hour ago, Jeff Williams said:

The resilience displayed by that team on the field and how they've been playing together is telling you to go out and get somebody rather than break them up!   Go get a serviceable, bargain lower rotation starting pitcher!  

I've thrown out Chatwood as a suggestion, but go get somebody!

Hahaha jeez.

While it is nice to see the team playing better this is not sustainable with this group. A realistic goal for this season is .500. On the other hand to build for the future, it would be better to finish in the bottom ten and get another solid draft. Trade Street, Smith and possibly Santiago. Keep Escobar. He has been very consistent and is an outstanding leadoff hitter.   It would be hard to imagine Cowart performing to even half of Escobar's numbers ( except defensively of course). 

2 minutes ago, TroutCron said:

While it is nice to see the team playing better this is not sustainable with this group. A realistic goal for this season is .500. On the other hand to build for the future, it would be better to finish in the bottom ten and get another solid draft. Trade Street, Smith and possibly Santiago. Keep Escobar. He has been very consistent and is an outstanding leadoff hitter.   It would be hard to imagine Cowart performing to even half of Escobar's numbers ( except defensively of course). 

For as good a hitter as Escobar has been (and yeah, he's been really good), he's only a 1.1 WAR player. He had a .790 OPS last year and started 134 games at 3B but was only worth 1.9 WAR. That's not easy to do.

I can see the Mets having interest in Santiago, Smith, Street, and now Escobar with Reyes hurt. 

Nimmo, Ventura, and Cecchini? 

Might be a bit much for the Mets to give up, but they'd also be receiving potentially three players under contract for next season still too. Nimmo and Cecchini could get ABs this season and Ventura could step into the rotation immediately, and move to the pen if he keeps struggling there.

Seriously, I don't even think that anybody that matters believes we can make the playoffs.

The point is ... this is a really good group of core players. Doubtful you'll come up with better players by rebuilding . You have to continue to invest into this team for next season. 

"If you see that your glass is half empty ... pour it into a smaller glass and stop bitching"