• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yep, these are our politicians

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I bet she wins re-election.

Rep Corrine Brown represents a largely black district in northern Florida. There have been allegations about the Honorable Ms. Brown for years, including rampant nepotism (hiring friends and relatives for high-paying jobs in her office with no real duties, funneling money from the office to her daughter, etc.). The only surprise is that it took so long for an indictment to be handed down.

I wonder what the over/under is on her playing the race card about this.

I'm chatting with my sister on Facebook about this right now. She says that the Orlando Sentinel has some kind of inside source on this, and they broke the story. Brown has been caught in similar things several times before, but she has never been prosecuted. Predictably, she has already played the race card.

Another thing that has come to light is that Rep. Brown blocked the construction of a VA hospital in Jacksonville for 13 years, because it wasn't going to be built in her district. Jacksonville is the home port of the Navy's South Atlantic Fleet, and there are also Army and Air Force facilities in the immediate area. There are a lot of retired military personnel there.

Former USC star Tony Boselli, the first-ever draft pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars, stayed in Jacksonville after his playing career ended. On the north side (Ms. Brown's district and the area where I grew up), there was a lot of blight and few activities to keep kids off the streets and out of trouble. Boselli bought a large plot of land, built a community center, playground and basketball court and gave it to the city. Brown was reportedly angry because he didn't tell her first, so that she could take credit for it being built.

My sister shared a further tidbit. Back when she owned a house on the north side of Jacksonville (she no longer does), she had a campaign sign in her yard for Brown's political opponent in an upcoming election. A couple of Brown's "campaign workers" knocked on the door, tried to argue with her about her choice, made threats and left. They also stole her campaign sign as they walked away.

Interesting story from the Jacksonville paper about Corrine Brown's appearance in federal court. Most telling about the total fiasco that her tenure in Congress has been is this:

=====================================

After Brown left the circus and sped off in an SUV, one supporter began collecting the signs. He pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket. And as people handed him signs, he handed them bills.

People were paid to carry signs supporting her.

Mark Woods: Corrine delivers. But to whom?

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Interesting story from the Jacksonville paper about Corrine Brown's appearance in federal court. Most telling about the total fiasco that her tenure in Congress has been is this:

After Brown left the circus and sped off in an SUV, one supporter began collecting the signs. He pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket. And as people handed him signs, he handed them bills.

People were paid to carry signs supporting her.

Mark Woods: Corrine delivers. But to whom?

i think that's how washington and jefferson did it, too.